SAU Community

Cracked Windscreen

Hi Guys,

I've got a S2 R33 GTST. My windscreen is now cracked after being hit by a stone... how much does a replacement cost? And do i just go to the wreckers, or should i get a new one?

Thanks

Just get a new one. I got mine replaced at a windscreen place. Ring around, I found prices varied from $300-$500. I ended up getting it for $200 because they screwed up the invoice and forgot to add labour on to the price.

Aftermarket ones are ment to be better because they have the lamination inside and usually have a strip of tint on the top, plus you get all nice new seals around it.

Edited by PM-R33

Just get a new one.

Aftermarket ones are ment to be better because they have the lamination inside and usually have a strip of tint on the top, plus you get all nice new seals around it.

+1

Windscreen Service from Blue Mtns to the sea 1300369400

or Eddy Windscreens around Sydney 0414184584 or 95848504

otherwise the large commercial operations like O'Briens at higher prices due to their advertising costs

a mate who had his windscreen replaced in his 33 once told me that they are the same as a locally sold nissan, but i'm not sure which it is though. not sure if it was a 300zx or a r31 or something like that. either way it ended up only costing him about $200.

R33 and R34 windscreens are now locally made by PGI, so much cheaper than they used to be. My one was ~$300 and the guy came out to my house to do it.

PGI Glass

SKYLINE R33 2 DR COUPE 1993 - 1998 Catalogue number DN084 rrp $168

Edited by 666DAN

i paid around 400 i think - but one thing i did notice is on the replacement windscreen there is no little wire for front demister...

im not sure if nissan stock the ones with this or not though :domokun:

front demister?

do you mean the radio antenna like in an R32? I looked at a replacement windscreem for my old r32 gtst and it was about $300 for an aftermarket one (no inbuilt radio) or $800+ for a genuine one with the radio antenna wires.

I looked at a replacement windscreem for my old r32 gtst and it was about $300 for an aftermarket one (no inbuilt radio) or $800+ for a genuine one with the radio antenna wires.

I don't know what they were smoking but I rang Nissan for a price on a windscreen for my 32 GTST & they said there were two types available.

One was around $800 & one was a bit over $2000! No idea what it was that made it so expensive...

Then the guy who came to our shop to install windscreens quoted me $200 (no antenna) as he is good mates with the boss.

Ended up getting a dodgy roadworthy from the workshop next door to where I worked so never worrried.

Don't work there anymore. Should have got the $200 windscreen when I had the chance!

Do prefer the neat, inbuilt antenna but a mates S15 has a nice little antenna inside the car which you can hardly see.

Seems like the best option when the time comes

• 1 year later...

+1

Windscreen Service from Blue Mtns to the sea 1300369400

or Eddy Windscreens around Sydney 0414184584 or 95848504

otherwise the large commercial operations like O'Briens at higher prices due to their advertising costs

EDDY IS GOOD, BUT YOU SHOULD USE HIS TEACHER GLENN AT PLATINUM WINDSCREENS WHO HAS MORE THAN 25 YEARS EXP. CALL HIM ON 0419228163 HE IS NOT THE CHEAPEST BUT IS THE BEST!

EDDY IS GOOD, BUT YOU SHOULD USE HIS TEACHER GLENN AT PLATINUM WINDSCREENS WHO HAS MORE THAN 25 YEARS EXP. CALL HIM ON 0419228163 HE IS NOT THE CHEAPEST BUT IS THE BEST!

Nothing wrong with a bit of self advertisement mate, but you should have been quicker! The op already had it done. Plus the third person speak isnt really necessary.