SAU Community

Supra/ Skyline Go-karts

After the success of the first combined supra/ skyline dyno day it was decided that we should again invite the skyline boys and girls to a less competitive (maybe) social day with go-karts @ Hume and then lunch at the Kingo.

Dates are still to be confirmed however at this stage we would be looking at Sunday 27th June or 4th July. We will start around 9am so hopefully all races will have finished around lunch time.

Hume karts centre has requested the full payment and confirmed numbers 2 weeks before the event. Each race will have 10 people and run for approximately 10 minutes.

This is a social type event so owners and drivers are both welcome :) This also includes partners!

I’d like to gauge some numbers by Wednesday 16th June. Please put your name on the list below and nominate which day suites you most, majority wins.

1. Nathan R +1

For those who want to consume alcohol at the lunch please remember to have someone else drive!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cost is TBA. I believe it was less than $50 last time (does increase a few dollars for those who dont have their go-kart license)

Depending on how many we get involved may determine any possible cost savings.

Could I sugest that we just turn up, then numbers do not affect price. We can warn them out, but booking the track holds those organising it accountable to pay the full cost as people pull out.

I'm keen dependant on date/time/cost.

It doesn't hold anyone accountable if people pay up front as already mentioned.

It's way better when you have big groups of people if you book the track out.

As Kat has mentioned. To hold a place you will need to pay up front. It is much easier for us to book and hold the time for us. simply showing up risks not being able to get people on, the general public joining our races and the whole event could drag out for many hours.

I have orgainised a couple of these events in the past and trust me there is nothing worse then spending time trying to update the thread 5 times a day for 3 weeks to find 80% of the people dont show up, or run late etc.

Our club has started a blacklist for people who say they will be there on the internet but wont show up to the event as we're sick of the drop outs or no shows. If you dont show up the only one missing out will be the individuals wallet. Obviously sometimes unexpected personal issues can arise for which we have no problem.

After the 16th i will be confirming numbers. All payments will need to be made within 1 week to avoid being removed from the list and potentially removed from future social events.

1. Nathan R +1

2. Mick (Bullet32)

3. Pat (Randon_I_Am)

4.James (DriftGTS)

5. Chris (CeJay)

At this stage I dont have a preference for any day.

1. Nathan R +1

2. Mick (Bullet32)

3. Pat (Randon_I_Am)

4.James (DriftGTS)

5. Chris (CeJay)

6. Luke (Frink)

I'm keen. Its always a good day out for car clubs. 10 on the track at once though will be very crowded! I know, I used to work there!! However, with large groups its unavoidable.... Prefer 27th June.

Yeah right! I'm so out of practice even Mick would have a chance! Nah.. I'm not that outta practice... :banana: jks

Seriously though, it all comes down to how good your kart is. That line of ".. They're all the same.." is a croc of sh1t.

Yeah right! I'm so out of practice even Mick would have a chance! Nah.. I'm not that outta practice... :P jks

Seriously though, it all comes down to how good your kart is. That line of ".. They're all the same.." is a croc of sh1t.

Its all about power to weight with those karts Luke... :P