SAU Community

Expected Price Of These Supras?!?!

La Bomba

La Bomba - i drive an automatic cefiro ATM... it's turbo but still auto and i must say it's one of the best engine /transmission combos ever... its very snappy / responsive and acts quick,

i've heard even better things RE: soarer... japanese auto trans is far more advanced than holden / ford autos, which seems to shift too early and ... kinda hesitates to change gears

then again - i's pretty sure if i removed the TURBO aspect from either car i can't imagine myself finding it too exciting...

the way i see it is - honda Type-R... manual... nissan S-series... manual... skyline... manual... swift sport... manual

anything "luxury" or newer... i would definately go automatic every time

would just feel wrong driving a four door saloon as a manual

there is nothing "pimp" about clutching and shifting IMO :thumbsup:

BEERBARON

really??? i thought "bazaar" meant ... like... "affiliated crap"

i suppose i was using "this" definition..

Bazaar definition # 3. (Business / Commerce) a shop where a large variety of goods is sold

I guess bizzare fits also... because i'm obsessed with "strange" and "unlikeable" japanese cars like honda jazz / the Sr20 RWD toyota platz / toyota crown convertible / mitsubishi debonair etc

but when i used the term bazaar i was referring to... other japanese rubbish.. like i haven't used "hairgel" for years i only use Japanese Gatsby (that shit is great)

but yes - it was the wrong word and thanks for bringing it up! i now know a new word.... "bazaar"

*smiles gleefully*

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i test drove an automatic rz supra, i thought, "well well, this is perfect! power + not needing to move my left leg or left hand, thats full of win"

It loses it's gloss after about 12 months. Nice to get 3 car lengths on a six speed and then hold it thought :)

How would that ever lose its gloss :glare:

It would lose its gloss cause all you'd have to do is press your right foot down to accelerate lol.

plus having a computer control your gearshifts....=boring

having a manual car.....you feel at one with the car changing its gears etc. its a more interactive driving experience.

it seems we all have different tastes in cars... while i prefer a black cruiser with subtle modifications..

blaqboi prefers a car that you can't tell which is the front and which is the back =P

just kidding bro..

but seriously that car is overdone 2damaxtreme!!!

as for the "push a accelerator down and having a computer to change your gearshifts" arguement...

turn 22/23 and you'll watch that opinion change =)

you'll realise that it is not fun crawling in city traffic lifting your clutch leg after changing into first and balancing the accelerator lightly so as not to slam into the car in front of you and focussing and concentrating and watching and EVERYTHING and moving one metre then having to stop completely again because you're stuck in traffic =P

it seems we all have different tastes in cars... while i prefer a black cruiser with subtle modifications..

blaqboi prefers a car that you can't tell which is the front and which is the back =P

just kidding bro..

but seriously that car is overdone 2damaxtreme!!!

as for the "push a accelerator down and having a computer to change your gearshifts" arguement...

turn 22/23 and you'll watch that opinion change =)

you'll realise that it is not fun crawling in city traffic lifting your clutch leg after changing into first and balancing the accelerator lightly so as not to slam into the car in front of you and focussing and concentrating and watching and EVERYTHING and moving one metre then having to stop completely again because you're stuck in traffic =P

OMGGGG WOWW!! that supra would be the ultimate p plate dream!!!!!!!!! hopefuly the repairs done were only subtle because dayum...imagine the loooks of approval you'd get in that widebody :glare::P:P.

Mr.Eps....you have a very very good point lol... i'm in newcastle at the moment so traffic is quite good.......but seeing as im doing construction management at uni ill probably be looking for jobs in sydney/melbourne after i finish uni in 3.5 years time....so i hate to say but the auto option would look quite good then =(

haha - just get a brass triple plate button clutch n go for a drive in metro sydney! you'll learn to love autos then :glare:

and i would say that that car would be R-graded due to modifications... not because of accident repair..

another example

1996-Nissan-Skyline-Gt-r_1.jpg

is graded R but doesn't seem to have accident history!!!

haha - just get a brass triple plate button clutch n go for a drive in metro sydney! you'll learn to love autos then :glare:

and i would say that that car would be R-graded due to modifications... not because of accident repair..

another example

1996-Nissan-Skyline-Gt-r_1.jpg

is graded R but doesn't seem to have accident history!!!

if only i had of known about that widebody supra i would of got a broker for that supra a.s.a.p. its like one of a kind with that bodykit. do u rkn it would of been realy realy hard to comply Mr.Eps?

as for that Gt-R damnnn it looks clean!!!! why do you think that wuld of been graded R? rust underneath maybe?

Edited by La Bomba

if only i had of known about that widebody supra i would of got a broker for that supra a.s.a.p. its like one of a kind with that bodykit. do u rkn it would of been realy realy hard to comply Mr.Eps?

as for that Gt-R damnnn it looks clean!!!! why do you think that wuld of been graded R? rust underneath maybe?

very likely graded R because of extensive mods.

I love autos because they are hassle free to drive and the auto boxes for the supra are cheap to replace.

and difficult to break :(

la bomba = this may come as a shock to you but i am merely a keyboard warrior... i am not a broker, nor a vehicle compliancer, nor a vehicle examiner... i am just a guy that likes cars...

in actual fact.. my mere post count and the fact i've been here since 2004 is literally the only reason i have evaded being banned by administration officers here on SAU.

ask anybody. they'll be quick to agree that they wish they could ban me. luckily for me they haven't got the mean heart to do that :P

:blink:

but yes.. this is my OPINION... the supra - sure you could comply it, why not! but it'd be a pain in the arse with all those mods... most reputable places would have to remove all that aftermarket gear and replace it with standard gear... unless they wanted to comply it with the body kit on... which some would be willing to do but they're risking their livelihood by doing that sort of business..

again the GTR i imagine extensively modified, it's got boost guages, exh temp guages etc next to the steering wheel, apexi SAFCII... turbo timers greddy BBK upgrade... it has a lot of "bits" on it that i also recognise in the interior that i cant put my finger on as to what they are haha

but yeah - that GTR is a steal at the price that it's being sold for - i'm just saying "R" grading isn't always a bad thing!!!

if the inspection shows that repairs have been properly made and the rails and chassis check out... you pick up a bargain and who else is to know about it? =P

and difficult to break :(

la bomba = this may come as a shock to you but i am merely a keyboard warrior... i am not a broker, nor a vehicle compliancer, nor a vehicle examiner... i am just a guy that likes cars...

in actual fact.. my mere post count and the fact i've been here since 2004 is literally the only reason i have evaded being banned by administration officers here on SAU.

ask anybody. they'll be quick to agree that they wish they could ban me. luckily for me they haven't got the mean heart to do that :P

:blink:

but yes.. this is my OPINION... the supra - sure you could comply it, why not! but it'd be a pain in the arse with all those mods... most reputable places would have to remove all that aftermarket gear and replace it with standard gear... unless they wanted to comply it with the body kit on... which some would be willing to do but they're risking their livelihood by doing that sort of business..

again the GTR i imagine extensively modified, it's got boost guages, exh temp guages etc next to the steering wheel, apexi SAFCII... turbo timers greddy BBK upgrade... it has a lot of "bits" on it that i also recognise in the interior that i cant put my finger on as to what they are haha

but yeah - that GTR is a steal at the price that it's being sold for - i'm just saying "R" grading isn't always a bad thing!!!

if the inspection shows that repairs have been properly made and the rails and chassis check out... you pick up a bargain and who else is to know about it? =P

lol that you haven't been banned. Turbz RB 25 or whatever seemed to get pretty revved up about the comments you made hahaha (which i found hilarious)

Anyway i appreciate your knowledge you are able to share, even as only a keyboard warrior !

As for my search for a supra I am still talking to my dad about it and he has yet to have been convinced about importing...he is thinking it carries too much risk =\. my thinking is i'd be more likely to pick up a better car for a cheaper price if i imported from Japan.

I am hoping for a late model SZ-R with silver tail lights in the colour white or black (White wuld be cheaper i am thinking, I like cheaper) .... although im just hoping a 6 speed transmision wouldnt blow insurance through the roof

Have you heard of many bad experiences from like...people who have done all the right things while importing?

Edited by La Bomba

For your non-turbo supra, just get one that's already in the country, the market is saturated right now as it is. If you're gonna import, yes, it might be cheaper, but you dont get to see the car in the flesh and test drive the car. It could come with problems that nobody knew about, until you take ownership of it.

So, why not take a look around at other supras i'm sure there will be something you like.

lol that you haven't been banned. Turbz RB 25 or whatever seemed to get pretty revved up about the comments you made hahaha (which i found hilarious)

Anyway i appreciate your knowledge you are able to share, even as only a keyboard warrior !

As for my search for a supra I am still talking to my dad about it and he has yet to have been convinced about importing...he is thinking it carries too much risk =\. my thinking is i'd be more likely to pick up a better car for a cheaper price if i imported from Japan.

I am hoping for a late model SZ-R with silver tail lights in the colour white or black (White wuld be cheaper i am thinking, I like cheaper) .... although im just hoping a 6 speed transmision wouldnt blow insurance through the roof

Have you heard of many bad experiences from like...people who have done all the right things while importing?

awww cheers buddy..

that turbzrb25 guy... he's alright .. got a bit peeved due to a chemical imbalance because birds and i called his bluff... but ... eh!

as for importing versus buying local - buying local you have the car that's in the yard. and that car will be there tomorrow, next week, 2 months time or whenever someone buys it... auction in japan... you have thousands and thousands of cars... being interchanged each day..

if you don't like any of the cars there - check back tomorrow - you have the right to be picky!

yes white would be cheaper but if you want black - get black... you won't regret it... personally on a supra my favourite colours are white n silver... :blink: look like angry shooting stars..

i doubt transmission is going to kill your insurance - shop around! you'll find something that you will like

again thoguh, importing vs buying local - think of it like this, you walk into a dealer lot... they have a supra for sale for 14K. you factor out their staff wages, mortgages, insurance packages, warranties etc... strip the "deal" of the car right back... you factor out the delaers profit... that's what the car's worth without the dealer comfort

so while i have no "issue" with buying a car from a dealer... i will say... 14K spent on a supra at a dealer, versus 14K spent on a car you import yourself... you have a lot more oney to play with when buying "at auction"

think of it like... a chocolate cake... inside that chocolate cake is a lot of different ingredients

if you take that cake and seperate the most important ingredient - chocolate - you should know that it's best to get the best chocolate... why would you cheapen out on the chocolate... then spend extra on the icing sugar garnish? sure - the cake will look better and more presentable... but when you bite into it and TASTE the cake...

you will know that the better cake is the one with the good chocolate - cos once you eat it... you'll know the chocolate (car) is more important than the icing sugar topping (dealer warranty, ability to "see the car and touch it" etc)

dealers buy the cheapest chocolate they can find... that way they can charge what they want for their icing sugar!

For your non-turbo supra, just get one that's already in the country, the market is saturated right now as it is. If you're gonna import, yes, it might be cheaper, but you dont get to see the car in the flesh and test drive the car. It could come with problems that nobody knew about, until you take ownership of it.

So, why not take a look around at other supras i'm sure there will be something you like.

Xalmon, for some reason I am just overly worried about buying from NSW, mainly because most people who own N/A supras, are P-Platers who flog them. So I am quite worried about getting a private sale car because I am not a guru on mechanics and i dont know all the tricks in the book to look for. My uncle is a mechanic but I kinda feel bad if i was too drag him along to inspect every car I looked at. I was just thinking if I bought the car from Japan at least i'd be given the history of the car, and have a nice auction grade sheet with preferably 4 + grade to boast about. Now if i was going to go to a dealer they all mark their cars up, but then again i get to see them in the flesh, although i was reading on a forum somebody bought a toyota chaser from some place in botany, and it broke down 8 hours later.

And apparently Edward Lee's are very very shady and pressuring. So all dealers, while some can be close to honest, i dont think theres such thing as a dealer being completely honest.

It's just I can tell I am going to completely baby a supra, and I just want one that has been babied and well taken care of. And i was just thinking if i searched through the auctions for a few months and found an immaculate one id be much happier and satisfied with a car that runs like a dream and looks amazing.

The 96+ SZ-R Supras are quite rare with the silver tail lights in AUS and quite expensive and thats the model im looking to import

awww cheers buddy..

that turbzrb25 guy... he's alright .. got a bit peeved due to a chemical imbalance because birds and i called his bluff... but ... eh!

as for importing versus buying local - buying local you have the car that's in the yard. and that car will be there tomorrow, next week, 2 months time or whenever someone buys it... auction in japan... you have thousands and thousands of cars... being interchanged each day..

if you don't like any of the cars there - check back tomorrow - you have the right to be picky!

yes white would be cheaper but if you want black - get black... you won't regret it... personally on a supra my favourite colours are white n silver... :blink: look like angry shooting stars..

i doubt transmission is going to kill your insurance - shop around! you'll find something that you will like

again thoguh, importing vs buying local - think of it like this, you walk into a dealer lot... they have a supra for sale for 14K. you factor out their staff wages, mortgages, insurance packages, warranties etc... strip the "deal" of the car right back... you factor out the delaers profit... that's what the car's worth without the dealer comfort

so while i have no "issue" with buying a car from a dealer... i will say... 14K spent on a supra at a dealer, versus 14K spent on a car you import yourself... you have a lot more oney to play with when buying "at auction"

think of it like... a chocolate cake... inside that chocolate cake is a lot of different ingredients

if you take that cake and seperate the most important ingredient - chocolate - you should know that it's best to get the best chocolate... why would you cheapen out on the chocolate... then spend extra on the icing sugar garnish? sure - the cake will look better and more presentable... but when you bite into it and TASTE the cake...

you will know that the better cake is the one with the good chocolate - cos once you eat it... you'll know the chocolate (car) is more important than the icing sugar topping (dealer warranty, ability to "see the car and touch it" etc)

dealers buy the cheapest chocolate they can find... that way they can charge what they want for their icing sugar!

Mr.Eps you have hit the nail on the head. Very good analysiss

Well, whatever you decide on, you'll definitely have to be patient.

Take your time to look and find the one, but seriously, don't go for black, with australia's dusty conditions and tree sap from oaks, black isn't really that good a choice. I've always been partial towards silver cars because even when they're dusty or dirty, its not that visible.

Once again, what's your budget?

Well, whatever you decide on, you'll definitely have to be patient.

Take your time to look and find the one, but seriously, don't go for black, with australia's dusty conditions and tree sap from oaks, black isn't really that good a choice. I've always been partial towards silver cars because even when they're dusty or dirty, its not that visible.

Once again, what's your budget?

Yeah you have a good point, well I'll go for white then, mainly because i like the colour and it will MINIMISE costs haha =D. I like the gunmetal grey colour but think I may get a little sick of it with time.

BUDGET

-Well I am not too sure of the budget yet mainly because my Dad is going to help me pay...

-so with Rego, Compliance, all those import fees and broker...I'd be hoping for under $18,000.

-$15,000 would be optimum because I am going to get absolutely killed with insurance. Shannons quoted me $4000 D: D:

So i have to get a part-time job while going to uni to eventualy pay it off.

Edited by La Bomba