SAU Community

Star Wars: The Old Republic

FrangaR33

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so it was released here last night. Apparently there is a server based in Sydney.

Anyone know how to transfer your characters around?

You should have received an email telling you you're eligible for transfer and that they'll give you more info later.

yea received the email, I really hope they open up another couple of servers, its real annoying when you log on to play and have to wait 10-15min due to the server being full.

I am getting great latency most I have seen was 40, compared to the 100-400 on the us servers.

Cancelled my account a few weeks ago, just no time for this game, which is sad.

You'll be back. They all come back. Haha.

Though yes as above - I can't believe there's only 3 goddamn Asia-Pacific servers. Wtf. At the very least, we need more PVP servers. Until I have time to really get into the game, I'd rather play with a 200ms ping than sit in a queue for 30 minutes just to log in.

I've finally got the game running consistently and am loving it (first MMO). Been questing a bit with a mate but I am diggin the PvP scene, being an ex CS and CoD4 S&D player I like the round style gameplay.

Currently on JekJek tar and the lag is really noticeable in pvp. Thinking I should transfer my character ("toon") to aus server but is it even available yet? A bit apprehensive cause I don't want to deal with wait times and lag. Can I only transfer one character or whats the go?

• 2 weeks later...

I am on the Oceanic server Dalborra.

Join up everyone. Started playing again after not playing for like 2 months. Level 14 Sith Sorcerer.

MMO's + Girlfriend don't mix well though :(

Unless you are a lucky guy who has a girl who is into games as well as cars :P

So I started playing last night on Master Dar'Nala (PvP) as a SIth Warrior Juggernaut. Really enjoying the fundemental elements the game is built on. I know it can be considered a re-polished copy of an existing MMO, utilising a lot of the systems they had to offer. But this one just works so well! Coming from 5 years of WoW, that's saying a lot.

I'm really enjoying the quest diversity, and voice acting. I like my companion, and the way crafting works. And man... LIGHTSABERS! :D

• 1 month later...

A couple mates are on the master dar'nala server and the latency is a lot lower (~50) but the difference in lag has not been amazing.

In other news they are stuffing around with my transfer, and keep saying it is failing because I have mail and/or something on the GTN. fml

Failsauce dude. My gmail is f**ked and doesn't seen to be receiving emails from swtor, not good.

Swear the servers must by physically hosted in Canberra though, I'm getting <20ms ping lol

Yo bitch's LVL 50 Assassin on Aus PVP server, Master Dar'Nala . Is there a skyline owners guild going??

The good I've got myself into on a casual basis has many of its core members I'm Canberra, one of whom has a skyline and is party of the offline SAU community...that's about the best you'll get lol.

If you're on republic side, add Trozzla to friends.

My jedi knight is Neyro on Dar'nala, he's only a muck around. Valdudis is my sorcerer level 43.

pretty hard to play this game on a casual basis but i'm doing my best

• 3 weeks later...

Master Dar'Nala

Jewpacabra - L50 tank powertech - Empire

Dotandrun - L50 Dps Sorcerer - Empire

Cross-fire - L24 (for now) Dps Commando - Republic