SAU Community

500+ Rwkw R32 Gtr

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What turbos are on it? Also, what are the biggest low mounts you can fit? GT-RSs?

And yeah, that torque curve is REALLY strange. Most RB25 and 26 curves I've seen were flattish and tapering off gently as the revs rise.

I dont think the pic is the skyline on the dyno. White in the pic and dark blue on the dyno. The car on the dyno has been in a few magazines, its called GTR700 from memory and it also runs twin HKS 3540s from veilside. Special order as apparently HKS dont have them in there catalouge. Definately not low mounts. It has massive power now and has achieved a 9.xx pass. It was shown at one of the melbourne car shows at the front (It was under cover to start with). I forget which show it was.

Cheers

Don't be confused - someone posted a link to Marios dyno video - I don't know why.

The car in questions is the white one with the dyno graph.

I'd agree - that figure is abnormal.

Wierd stuff like this can happe on dynos. A club in Canberra recently had a dyno day using shootout mode on a dyno dynamics and we had a Honda Civic non vtec sohc (i think? mightve been dohc) run on the dyno. All previous runs this made around 55-60kw at the wheels, but this one particular run something went wierd and it went up to almost 100kw at the wheels (thats almost integra type r figures).

Not disputing the one above isnt real, just seems pretty hard to believe still running low mount turbos, mightve been dyno error?

Leewah on here is running 526rwkw with big ass single garrett and shot of NOS and has ran a 10.6 1/4.

That dyno graph also looks real laggy with a sudden hit on power. Its a preety steep power curve

it can be done with low mount turbo's in similar specs as the 2540's, ..........BUT that's with either avgas or a mixture of fuels.

then you have the issue if the dyno is calibrated properly even if it is in shootout mode (which reads slightly more) as most dyno's/workshops around australia are starting to use shootout mode to get consistency.

+ with a hit of nitrious which from the photo i can't see it hooked up.

just my 2 cents

I dont think the pic is the skyline on the dyno. White in the pic and dark blue on the dyno. The car on the dyno has been in a few magazines, its called GTR700 from memory and it also runs twin HKS 3540s from veilside. Special order as apparently HKS dont have them in there catalouge. Definately not low mounts. It has massive power now and has achieved a 9.xx pass. It was shown at one of the melbourne car shows at the front (It was under cover to start with). I forget which show it was.

Cheers

Mario's GTR has dipped into the 8s, but we're not talking about that car... I have no idea why a video of it on the dyno was posted in this thread...

Mario's GTR has dipped into the 8s, but we're not talking about that car... I have no idea why a video of it on the dyno was posted in this thread...

Erm... perhaps because i thought the video was pretty ****in impressive?

Perhaps i wanted to contribute to the thread?

Perhaps because it was a similar subject - one skyline on a dyno shown on a graph, and another skyline on a dyno in a video.

Perhaps i didn't know you'd all seen "Mario's" skyline before?

You guys should really lighten up. I'm talking about Morgs and Merli here. If you don't want me to post links to interesting videos then just say. I wasn't by any means trying to confuse people - the fact of the matter is if you can get confused between a black skyline and a white one you must be pretty dumb.

the fact of the matter is if you can get confused between a black skyline and a white one you must be pretty dumb.

Wise words from a 20 year old kid from the UK, trying to tell an Australian Skylines Forum about one of the most famous GTRs in Australia uh.gif

You guys should really lighten up.

... and you should really take your own advice. We didn't even flame you for it, we just commented how your post came out of nowhere and didn't really pertain to the thread at all.