SAU Community

Favourite Car Magazines?

cover.jpeg

OPTION_Magazine_11_300.jpg

Too bad it is all in Japanese, can't read it ;)

Haha, nice. I have some GT-R specific mags that i bought from Japan which have lots of techincal data (plenty of graphs etc), but i can't read it! At least the pictures are pretty..

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, nice. I have some GT-R specific mags that i bought from Japan which have lots of techincal data (plenty of graphs etc), but i can't read it! At least the pictures are pretty..

Awesome!

I really need to get some of these mags.

A friend let my borrow some of his Option Mags and I was like a kid in a candy store.

Couldn't stop looking with amazement.

It was just full of parts / upgrades / everything we want on our cars ;)

I might have to head to China Town and see what I can find.

Pretty funny that everyone's recommending HPI... I went through my huge stack of mags (mostly comprised of freerider mx, zoo and other mx mags) because I knew I had a few car mags with skylines in them. I found a HPI skyline special, the Z tune GTR is so gorgeous..... Found another mag that was a performance imports also, has a nice 33 in it.

Pretty funny that everyone's recommending HPI... I went through my huge stack of mags (mostly comprised of freerider mx, zoo and other mx mags) because I knew I had a few car mags with skylines in them. I found a HPI skyline special, the Z tune GTR is so gorgeous..... Found another mag that was a performance imports also, has a nice 33 in it.

If you don't want that, I will buy it off you!

That is if you in Melbourne and pickup / cash on delivery.

:ninja:

anyone know where we can pik these sorts of magazines up in sydney if anywhere?

+1 for Hpi

anyone know where we can pik these sorts of magazines up in sydney if anywhere?

+1 for Hpi

Kinokuniya Bookstore in the CBD (Victorias Galleries) have some. They are very pricey however, with a big markup over the Japanese Yen prices.

Still, silly me, I can't resist buying them... :whistling:

Kinokuniya Bookstore in the CBD (Victorias Galleries) have some. They are very pricey however, with a big markup over the Japanese Yen prices.

Still, silly me, I can't resist buying them... :D

lol im sure there a great read, ill hav to go a hav a look nxt time im in the city

Awesome!

I really need to get some of these mags.

A friend let my borrow some of his Option Mags and I was like a kid in a candy store.

Couldn't stop looking with amazement.

It was just full of parts / upgrades / everything we want on our cars :D

I might have to head to China Town and see what I can find.

Yeah, one issue had about 20 pages of aftermarket parts for GT-R/RB26. Nuts!

the main problem with HPI is that if you buy regularly, and you get teh 3 for one issues all the time, you end up with 3 copies of the same backissues @_@

yer, ive got like a pile of spares on my floor would b good if they rotated those spares more often

Yeah, one issue had about 20 pages of aftermarket parts for GT-R/RB26. Nuts!

:w00t:

Nice!

Check out the latest HPI!.... SAU are in it on page 74 ;) My car even made it in woohoo!

I find that you have to be quick with the HPI magazines as they seem to sell out first then the other mags.

And the magazine stand is left with Wheels / Motor / HOT4's / Autosalon... :dry:

:D

yeah after the subscribers told me they had it, I was checking the newsagent every day... took about a week later... didn't want to miss out cos we've been waiting a good 6 months for the SnS article!!

yeah after the subscribers told me they had it, I was checking the newsagent every day... took about a week later... didn't want to miss out cos we've been waiting a good 6 months for the SnS article!!

is that the issue with the white r34 gtr on the front?

I've got 100's of the Japanese magazines in mint condition that I collected over years of living in Japan..for the right price these can be sent to a new home as got loads more still to send over to Oz.

GT-R

Option

Option 2

Hyper Rev

RB Tuning World

Jap Drag magazines