SAU Community

What Scale Is The Standard Oil Presure Gauge

Guy I'm attaching a heltech 2000 pro to the standard oil presure sensor getting a reading but dont know what scale to set the heltech to???? Example what voltage is say 40 pound ?????

Guy I'm attaching a heltech 2000 pro to the standard oil presure sensor getting a reading but dont know what scale to set the heltech to???? Example what voltage is say 40 pound ?????

I have the r32 gtr oil sensor

no he means

at 1.0v what is the pressure ie 1.05kgcm2

at 1.1v what is the pressure and so on 1.15 kgcm2

it would be documented somewhere, not sure where tho

you could always use a mulitmeter and linear scale it yourself

according to service maunal at idle of 800rpm it should be 1.5kgcm2 for RB26DETT

no idea if you have std oil pump or other shit modified, but you could use that as base

ie warm up engine

drive around

come back to garage

let it idle for a minute

take that voltage as base and assume it is 1.5kgcm2 and you have fairly basic comparison

no idea if its linear or not ie lets say 1.5kcm2 is 1.0 not sure if 2.0v is 3.0kgcm2

problem is paul we are not useing the standard gauge so what we are do is inputing it to the IQ3 digi dash and that want us to give it a scale to then convert to signal the dash wants??????

Or measure it with a multimeter and have an electronic/mechanical gauge hooked up and read both for nodes throughout the range, plot this up and get a line of best fit for oil pressure vs voltage and apply this to the haltech. I doubt it would be a straight line fit.

not sure if this helps but a lot of electronic gauges have a sender unit that sends a voltage signal to the gauge, would one of them do it for you?