SAU Community

Taking Turbo Out Of A R34 Neo Gtt

hello guys. just need some help on faqs cauz im going to do a turbo to N/A conversion on my 25gtt r34 has this ever been done?. and wer is the best place to do it. how much will it cost me. and would it kill the engine if i run it with no turbo?. and will it be legit for P platers?. i did abit of reading in the old forums that its possible but i didnt see any1 that did it to a r34 gtt. reason for my conversion. well i got my lic. b4 the plater rule came out i renewd it once didnt go for my full lic. test cauz i wasnt confident enuff. which i regret. lost my lic. for speeding. but still drove, got pulled up by the police 1 week before i get my lic. back went to court and disqualified for 1 year. still drove didnt get caught but when i renewd my lic. all the new plater rule is on it.. so yea i was pissed off. dont wanna let go of my baby thats why i just wanna do the conversion. need help guys tnx soo much

thanks guys

hello guys. just need some help on faqs cauz im going to do a turbo to N/A conversion on my 25gtt r34 has this ever been done?. and wer is the best place to do it. how much will it cost me. and would it kill the engine if i run it with no turbo?. and will it be legit for P platers?. i did abit of reading in the old forums that its possible but i didnt see any1 that did it to a r34 gtt. reason for my conversion. well i got my lic. b4 the plater rule came out i renewd it once didnt go for my full lic. test cauz i wasnt confident enuff. which i regret. lost my lic. for speeding. but still drove, got pulled up by the police 1 week before i get my lic. back went to court and disqualified for 1 year. still drove didnt get caught but when i renewd my lic. all the new plater rule is on it.. so yea i was pissed off. dont wanna let go of my baby thats why i just wanna do the conversion. need help guys tnx soo much

thanks guys

It'll run like a sack of shit and im pretty sure its illegal.

not another one of these threads...........

if you take the turbo off the engine and then don't rebuild the engine with higher compression pistons you will only make about 70hp and will have a skyline that is slower than a toyota echo/yaris and i'm not joking about that.

sell the car and buy a natro one, or just buy a cheap car to use until you can legally drive it.

why do all that to the engine.. if i were u id get another non turbo engine and throw that in. while u are waiting to get ya full licence back work on the turbo engine and have a monster of a car when u can drive a turbo again.

so nothing can be done legally for me to drive it again huh.. so taking the turbo out is out of the question.?

how much would a NA engine cost?

tnx for comment guys

Edited by NeoGtt

cant afford to buy a whole new car again tho but im thinkin about Mick said and just slap a NA engine in there. would that be road legal? how much would the labor cost? and roughly how much would the engine set me back.

thnx again for the comments.

You owned it before the rules came in - just apply for an exemption.

(A quick search would have shown these come up about once a week - no it's not legal, it'll run badly, and it'll cost you more than it's worth - we always tell people, sell it or get a beater till you can get your fulls - but your situation should easily get an exemption cos you can prove you owned it before the new rules).

Don't bother swapping engines brother, waste of time and money.

Listen to us, sell the car, buy an n/a variant and drive that till you're off your Ps...

And for f**ks sake, don't do the n/a conversion then drive it around, its still illegal and you've already had heaps of dealings with the cops, so to save your insurance sky rocketing, play it safe. Personally I think you're a dickhead for driving with no license, getting caught and STILL driving around, if you crashed/injured someone, you wouldve been f**ked, no 3rd party insurance to cover anything... But I bet you wouldn't have thought about that...

Off topic: why is every new driver obsessed with having a powerful car as their FIRST car these days? I had an AE92 corolla for my first car, and it was f**king perfect for learning on, I wouldn't dream of owning an r34 gtt as my first car, it's bullshit dangerous for a car like that to be in the hand of a new driver lol not to mention, how much do you pay for insurance??? :|

thnx for the comment dudes. helped alot might just swap cars with my dad till i get the exemption. yea i can prove it cauz i have my old lic. with no restrictions on it. so yea for now ill just drive my dads euro ><.. thanks again guys

Drive your dads Euro and work the skyline engine : ) probably the best thing you can do, That way when your off P-plates you will have a monster to drive around more driving experience. Skylines are not fun and games to drive if your inexperienced especially in the wet : P i learned the hard way by writing off my first NA R33 then bought another one because i loved the car so much lmao wouldn't drive anything else!

Dude, search. And read through posts before you submit them. People hate reading a wall of text and won't side with you with your hell-man "i drove without a licence despite being caught" stories.

This is covered all the time with the result being "don't bother".

cant afford to buy a whole new car again tho but im thinkin about Mick said and just slap a NA engine in there. would that be road legal? how much would the labor cost? and roughly how much would the engine set me back.

thnx again for the comments.

NA R34 engine would cost you about $700 depending on condition and kms. Labor would set you back around 2.5k-3k, all up it would probably cost you around 5k to do that sort of engine swap.

If you can afford an R34 engine of any sort, you can afford a daily crap box car. Buy a shitter for ~$500, drive that until you're off your P's

• 2 weeks later...

When i was hunting for cars, one of the young sale guys down at parra tried to convince me its ok to take the turbo out, put in a na manifold and seal of the pipes, but i knew its going to run like crap considering its low compression ratio. The reason why the NA skylines got good amount of power because of its high compression, for the price of a GTT you could find a NA skyline please dont do it my NA R34 likes to shake when like the engines going to come off if i do little things the ECU does not reconise ill like to see how it will act up when it realises its turbo took a walk, i know a girl who put a EVO and thought she could take the turbo out and everything would be ok lol, such a waste on such a beast of a car. If you dont want to buy a NA the most logical solution then just drive the turbo around and hope a cop does not stop you. Why change a car that was engineered to run with the turbo into some shit box, you revs will take forever to climb.

Edited by starwarz

Thread closed. Believe it or not, but since SAU started more than 7 years ago, this topic has been discussed before.

Please use the search function in future. It may be found here:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/search.html

While we understand that it can be frustrating to have your thread closed - Please consider that other members may feel it to be disrespectful and selfish of you to post a simple question, without using the search feature to review the wealth of information provided by said members over the years.

If you still feel that this action is unjust, then please PM me and we can discuss it further.