SAU Community

Jdm Fest 2010

Wow.. you guys are so narrow minded. "I don't like sexspec, its shit". Ever heard of tolerance. They go for comfort over performance, so what! Personally i wouldn't do it to my car but I can certainly appreciate the work that has gone into it. As someone has already stated "We are all modifiers".

If we want to keep the car scene in Canberra alive we really need to include everyone. Otherwise there wouldnt be enough people to support events like this. If people keep talking like they are in this thread then others will feel excluded and not welcome (as I have felt in the past) so they wont come, and the events will die off. Its not even an SAU event anyway.

I would also like to point out that JDM means "Japanese Domestic Market" ie any japanese car.. not just drift/tuner. My dads Tarago is JDM for gods sake

*Like*

Agree with all of the above! It comes down to personal preference and like I said, I don't mind it.. I like to see how creative people can get with their cars in ALL different ways, it's just good to see people into the modified scene (no matter what types of mods they are)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only a couple of days away, do we have any indication on numbers, and would all that are coming like to be parked together?

Dyno will be running form 9am, and will run throughout the day, it stopped at about 5pm last year.

We hope everyone that comes along has good day, because the day was desined to be alot of fun no matter what your taste are.

everyones defenition of JDM is different, in the long and the short it is a Japanesse car show. hope to see you all there, you might catch a glimpse of our own skyline project car

From the thread, I estimated this list:

Attending

DriftGTS

Shell

Verms?

Melly (so does this mean Zane as well, then Reece might come)

Maybe

MAG86 (after 12)

whytry (after 12)

Zebra (try and make it down)

Seems like there was more discussion QSR than anything else (those guys must be popular). I can send a email to Ultimate Tunes with numbers later today.

From the thread, I estimated this list:

Attending

DriftGTS

Shell

Verms?

Melly (so does this mean Zane as well, then Reece might come)

Maybe

MAG86 (after 12)

whytry (after 12)

Zebra (try and make it down)

Seems like there was more discussion QSR than anything else (those guys must be popular). I can send a email to Ultimate Tunes with numbers later today.

Zane won't be there. Reece is racing at wakefield. Nerm may possibly come for a bit? I will only be there for a bit in the morning (Aiming to awake in time)... Than need to drive to Syd for Texi on Sunday woooot!

JDM Fest is now only 2 sleeps away, and despite the threat of rain it is looking good, quite a number of cars are looking to be around for the day, and some rumors of the dyno having hold down some high powered cars, things are looking great.

The dyno will be running from 9:00am. drinks and food will be availiable on the day, with the BBQ cracking form the early hours.

Despite the difference in tastes, we will strive to make it a great day for all. Hope to see you all on saturday.

Im so keen to go and have a look around as im new and check out how people have modified their cars and get more ideas, but after reading all this that’s up here. Im going to hide my car in my garage because people will be laughing at me if I’ll bring my car out that day.

Im so keen to go and have a look around as im new and check out how people have modified their cars and get more ideas, but after reading all this that’s up here. Im going to hide my car in my garage because people will be laughing at me if I’ll bring my car out that day.

Dont do that, it will be a good day out, bring the car out, as everyone has there own tastes, you may not like the next guys car and so on, its a day out.

Yeah you are right.

I will bring out and hopefully some of the nice people may give me advice on how to build it up and where to go for parts and etc etc.

Thank you for giving me the courage and the strength.

Edited by 5hiv