SAU Community

Nm35 Sway Bars

Daleo

Anyone know if the Autech comes out with LSD or updated swaybars?

As a standard car from the factory.

No to the sway bars....no option available from the factory.

...and the LSD....not unless it was made from an AR-X or it was optioned on when purchased!

Fulcrum now own the Selby's name, I contacted them recently about our sway bars;

1; They are 27mm front (instead of 30mm) blade adj, 20mm rear (instead of 22mm) blade adj ;) .

2; They now cost $457 (front) $418 (rear) :blink:

3; there is a 4-6 week turnaround on orders

4; After contacting Wholesale Suspension in Penrith, the price dropped to $360 (front) $340 (rear) due to the amount of business they do with Fulcrum.

I would be leaning towards trying to find someone to re-make the original bars, this might be a more cost effective way to get what we want. I'm not against anyone making a buck, but surely we can do better...

Go direct, fulcrum are Greedy Kents (look what they did to tein) and they load everything up to much. i saved shitloads going direct, id much rather line Todd Selbys pockets than graham's.

I just had custom ones made for our race car and am about to send off the BMW 750il ones to have made too.

Signature sway bars 02 95255619 price was half what you guys listed.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok everybody, I've had a busy morning!

On the phone with Todd Selby this morning, asked about the possibility of NM35 sway bars, he says no problem!

Result! :D

Initial pricing is $285-$310 front, depending on complexity and $260 rear. Both are as per the original sizes 30mm solid front, blade adjustable 24mm rear, blade adjustable. The adjustment will be one hole either side of the original mount point, giving three position adjustment. This pricing will change if we can get a worthwhile number of people together in the form of a multi buy.

So, what I need is an expression of GENUINE interest from those who wish to have these. Once I have numbers, I'll firm up the price with Todd and get back to you. Once the price is set, I will be asking for cash up front to go ahead, (so I'm not left holding the bag if things go wrong) if at this point, people don't come good with the funds, you will be on your own, I will not wait.

The above prices do not include freight, this will be extra. Don't worry, I'm not intending to make any money out of this, just trying to make it a bit cheaper for everyone.

Pm me with your interest, and hopefully we can get this going.

If you're not interested, please don't get caught up in the excitement, as you'll be wasting everyone's time not just mine.

Cheers, Dale.

Edited by Daleo

Can you let me know when the money would be due? I'm expressing interest, but not 100% firm yet. (I haven't got the car yet FFS.)

I would say we're probably several weeks away from needing cash. I don't want to have to wait too long though...

So everyone talks about the benefits of sway bars, how about the negatives?

Does it make the car a lot bumpier?

I've driven an x-trail and they seem to corner more stable than my arx and with less body roll, the ride is definitely less supple but not overly bumpy.

If the swaybar upgrade brings it to x-trail standards for ride quality then i dont mind... however if it starts to feel like a go kart i dont think my wife and newborn will be too impressed..

I've driven an x-trail and they seem to corner more stable than my arx and with less body roll, the ride is definitely less supple but not overly bumpy.

If the swaybar upgrade brings it to x-trail standards for ride quality then i dont mind... however if it starts to feel like a go kart i dont think my wife and newborn will be too impressed..

I have the swaybars + the Bilstein shocks and my wife does not think my car is too bumpy and she is not into me doing any changes to my car at all.

The Swaybars will firm it up but not so the ride becomes choppy.

What WILL.I.AM said.

Not interested in the twisty bits. But an improvement is always a worthwhile upgrade.

You can never have to much over taking power though. :D

A sway bar is more properly called an anti-roll bar. In a straight line it has virtually no effect as the left and right move in unison. When turning left or right the bar becomes twisted and it is the resistance to this twisting effect that tends to keep the car more level - so no, it won't give you a harsher ride.

WHats more important - sway bars or coilovers?

I don't know if I can answer this as you are looking for but when I got my ARX the suspension was very soft and the car was wallowing and steering from the rear when going through dips.

I replaced the sway bars (adjustable) first and this gave a couple of benefits.

1) Removed roll oversteer and made the car more secure on the road.

2) Allowed me to balance the car on the throttle better. Able to improve liftoff oversteer (ie, bring the nose back in when hitting understeer)

Hope this helps your decision.

Cheers

Andy

Cheers - thanks for that. Does installing Sway bars take away the room in the boot? Thats probably going to be the deciding factor...

nope.. all done under the car. remove the hollow factory ones and replace new ones.

negative, they replace factory parts UNDER the car

youre thinking of a rear strut brace. something the M35 doesnt appear to have as an aftermarket part.

plenty of underbody bracing available!

Cheers - thanks for that. Does installing Sway bars take away the room in the boot? Thats probably going to be the deciding factor...

Ok, what you're thinking of is a Strut Brace, This is a bar that crosses the top of the strut towers effectively tying the back of the car together.

A Sway bar (anti roll bar) is attached to the suspension UNDERNEATH the car. It is not inside the car at all.

The one difference you will notice with Anti Roll Bars is over "single wheel bumps" i.e. potholes, as the bar increases the "single wheel spring rate", due to it's extra resistance to bending. This, I actually consider a good thing, as it is extra resistance to bottoming out your suspension

Guys, please PM if you're interested, otherwise I'll just be going ahead on my own...

Edited by Daleo