SAU Community

LSDs

HKSgtst

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a 2 way in mine.

I can't make a comparison cause the car came with it, although riding in another R33 GTS-t, I noticed that it tends to spin up the inside wheel pretty quickly with the stock LSD, while mine will power out of the corner with a little bit of oversteer sometimes.

J

Got a mechanical diff in mine - would never go back to stock viscous. Even if you can pick up a cheap second hand and reshim it, it's a lot more enjoyable. shim to lock up easy for mad power drifts or allow just enough for fast times. At least you wont be plagued with wasteful one wheeling when you dread it most. As I've stated, could never go back

Mine isn't normal but it came in that way. Great in the dry, heaps of grip. In the wet it pushes massive understeer then massive oversteer. I can turn about 30 degree angle and it will lock and start to spin both wheels in the wet at really gentle throttle application.

the std lsd's have issues with single spinning then breaking the cones because of it

if the both dont light up u need to get it looked at

not sure how aftermarket ones r but im assuming they r alot stronger and can take more of a beating (esp mechanical ones)

I think what Geoff means is that when the turn angle is quite small, the extra grip will cause the car to push into understeer?
Thats essentially the problem I have in the wet. Not an issue in the dry. At least allows me to practice compression slides in the wet :D

I have problems in the dry with understeer, the wet scares the hell out of me, so I drive like an old mole when its raining - this is all because my bloody tyres dont grip as well as I'd like, perhaps you just need some stickier tyres on the front, as I do?

Also if your going hard into a corner and you come off the throttle (deccelerate) hard 2 ways will lock the rears together, which will cause a bit of understeer.

I love my 2 way. :inlove:

The only time it gives me the $hits is when someone get's in the car for the first time and asks what's wrong the the diff as it's skipping around the corners.

Then after I tell them, they have this blank look on their face as though to say "what the hell is a 2 way diff ?" :D :headspin:

J

R rubber is pretty cheap peace of mind.

Jay, next time brake (really) hard as you turn the corner - just make sure you have plenty of room - much more fun than understeer:p should get a nice weight shift to the front, and the back lifts up and around:D

R rubber is pretty cheap peace of mind.

Jay, next time brake (really) hard as you turn the corner - just make sure you have plenty of room - much more fun than understeer:p  should get a nice weight shift to the front, and the back lifts up and around:D

Hehehe, yepp :D

2 ways are soooooo predictable hay :mad: No savage fishtails etc...

There's one loooong gradual hill near my place that is great in the wet. Doing 80 I can give it a bit in 3rd and the back steps out a little and just stays there while the speedo goes around to 130 :)

Great fun....

J

well, I picked up mine for 500, I'd suggest calling a few of the importers....they have cars land with tricky diffs in them but they take them out when selling the car (lets face it, they don't sound great on a test drive)....and they want to get them off the workshop floors ;)