SAU Community

LSDs

HKSgtst

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got it from powerplay imports, as posted above:)

Also, they had it sitting there for a while (probably because the guy thought it was a 1 way, gotta love it when they dont quite know what they are looking at:D) - when I rang up I asked if he had a 2 way, he told me he only had a 1 way, but didnt want much for it, which for $350, even if it was a 1 way, was a bargain.

I dont think he has any more, but you could try. Do a search for contact details, as they have a website

yes, in the diff center. Its a bit hard to describe, but basically there is a key in the diff that will be different shapes. It works by pushing plates apart, that cause the clutches to engage.

the 1 way will be like a triangle, 1.5way will be like 2 triangles, but one side will be truncated, and a 2 way will be like two triangles with their bases together (like a square on its side)

Sorry its a bit hard to describe without a diagram.

• 3 months later...

thanks for all the info steve and others

sorry to dug this old thread out but it's been a good read

I am in the market for a mechanical diff preferably 1.5 way but I don't mind 1 or 2 ways.

Can anyone help?

I have posted this before but here goes again.

I had a standard GTS25t diff rebuilt by UAS a couple of years ago, it is a clutch pack LSD, it locks as soon as you put the boot in. As the rest of you have experienced when you do a tight turning circle and apply throttle one of the wheels skips and mine still does that after a couple of years of use.

It is the best investment i have made in my car, it saves on tyres like nothing else and through corners you can apply liberal amounts of throttle without ending up completely sideways coming out of the corner. In the wet it is magic as i was always spinning the wheels as soon as i came on boost before, now i have to floor it to spin the wheels.

I always got the impression that a mechanical diff is one of the worst things to use on a street car because it gives 100% lock when you apply the throttle whereas a clutchpack will still allow some slip (useful when you are cornering under power).

http://www.uniqueautosports.com.au/priceli...ylineclutch.htm

http://www.uniqueautosports.com.au/priceli...rts/r33diff.jpg