SAU Community

Stagea C34 Automatic Surging

p0rt3d

The Stagea was detailed previously to me getting it, perhaps a pressure hose was angled through the grill and spurted it up through airbox, thats my only possible idea so far. :P

Almost certainly the cause. Pressure washers, the natural enemy of the car engine bay...

On my 35km daily trip to work its all up and down hills, it doesnt seem to struggle at all :P just when i try to put my foot down it has an arguement with me, anything (at a guess) up to 50% acceleration it seems to be fine with, ill need to drive it more to be more precise.

Heres a doozy for you, checked ATF this morning, unless the dipstick is lying to me, it is saying there is almost twice as much fluid in the box then there should be, i checked it 3 times with same reading with cold engine. ill do another check in town with engine hot as im having a mate who is more engine friendly then myself investigate if i have any split hoses. :D

Engine running in park? Warm would be best.

Usually good to go a little more than the stick shows anyway, that way you can put a trans cooler in with no top up. Hopefully you have good trans fluid in there, the compliance workshops have been known to skimp. :(

Have you had an auto before? Need to check level with the engine running after you have been through all the gears. If the level is high on the stick it won't have "twice the amount of fluid" becasue it holds 10 or more Litres and only about 2 in the gearbox sump. Oil should ideally be cherry red (unless it has been replaced with aftermaket atf) -if its dark brown its probably burnt (been overheated). S1 should redline at about 120k in second either with kickdown and foot kept flat or by selecting 2nd gear.

Anyway it seems your problem is solved!

Yeah its all sorted guys, many thanks again to all who replied. Its behaving beautifully

Would you believe i have had 2 Volvo remarks already since owning it under a week :)

Its very much worth it with the amount of confused looks i get however, You can see minds racing trying to workout just what sort of car it is as i roll by quietly with a smile on my face ;)

Does anyone know off the top of thier head what the TARE weight is of a C34 1998 wagon is?