SAU Community

Virgin Gym @ Bourke Street

sloutch

A mate of mine done alot of the wiring for that place, i belive thats the 1 anyway..

It has them sleeping cones, where you go inside sleep for 15mins or so and come out feeling refreshed..

And i doubt its $40 a month, that would be stupidly cheap.. Id say more like $40 a fortnight for a CBD Gym, i wonder what DOHERTYS in the CBD Charges..

Edited by antonio

It's actually $42 per fortnight for students :).

I wanna see if anyone on the forums can meet up with me and maybe form a workout group. Was talking to R31Nismoid and he seems pretty keen, however he isn't a member at this gym yet ;)

42 per fortnight hmnm...

I might be able to join workput group with u but it would have to be before/after business hours ;)

Time shouldn't be an issue. We can always sort that out :P. Just need to slim down and get fit before summer! I weigh 105kg at the moment! :)

Anyone know what the full fare is?

I'm looking for an inner city gym. Going to start going before work.

I think the full monthly fees are $89 a month. You can always go down and take a small tour of the gym and talk to the consultant. Trust me, you'll be impressed with what they have inside there. They have more workout classes than fitness first. Before joining virgin, i was weighing my options between fitness first platinum and virgin.

Hmmm I work on Bourke Street and wouldn't mind a gym... 'Cept I hate the idea of paying to sweat.

Sometimes paying actually forces you to go to gym as you don't want to let the money spent to go to waste. :P

As discussed Ben - IN.

I'd need to change gyms, but hell if i can get a reliable gym buddy or two, then it'll be worth it.

I know Ash :D. Would be good to get one or two more mates i think. How much are you paying at your current gym?

Sometimes paying actually forces you to go to gym as you don't want to let the money spent to go to waste. :D

haha, I wish that worked! I still have $250 in credit at Cross Fit in Fitzroy :P lol

Let me know where you find one, and Santa, and the Easter Bunny and Tooth fairy too :D

I have had a gym buddy before for 12 months. We trained twice a week and we hardly missed our gym sessions before he returned back to his country. After the heart break, i stopped frequenting the gym :)

That place is insane! Sleep pods, rock climbing wall, all new equipment, pool

sauna, ice pool, free wifi. Looks the deal.

I went in there acouple of months ago and they told me 50 a fortnight full fare.

I pay half that a fortnight for a gym that I believe is more hard core.

And the db's only go up to 40kg I think.. still a good gym, overpriced but and they

won't budge on price. :)

Slightly off topic but I go to Adrenaline in Mornington (well, just started). It's similar to what rbj was saying, cheap and nothing fancy, but its a real hardcore gym. Nothing but free weights, power racks and a couple of treadmills in the corner. Apparently if you want to gain weight, build strength or bodybuild its the place to go on the Peninsula.

The guys there are HUGE too, take the average big guy you find at your normal gym and he becomes the average guy at this one. There's no women either (they're allowed, the gym just isn't catered towards them), which is good and bad.

That place is insane! Sleep pods, rock climbing wall, all new equipment, pool

sauna, ice pool, free wifi. Looks the deal.

I went in there acouple of months ago and they told me 50 a fortnight full fare.

I pay half that a fortnight for a gym that I believe is more hard core.

And the db's only go up to 40kg I think.. still a good gym, overpriced but and they

won't budge on price. :)

Probably not $50 a fortnight if i'm not wrong. It is not cheap i have to say. The price includes all the classes that are available and after some research before joining virgin, i found that virgin provides more classes than fitness first and in smaller groups too. Apparently, heaps of AFL players frequent the gym for the classes.

Yes, they won't budge on the price. There isn't any reward for recommending people either. They know they are popular so they ain't worried if you don't sign up :(

The virgin gym is a health club, not a proper gym like adrenaline, dohertys etc.

I like the hardcore gyms more, and being more free weight inclined,

Fitness first and virgin aren't my sorta gyms.

That being said, from what I saw and was told, there weren't/aren't many

big gym junkies that go to virgin. Its more of an average joes which is

Good.