SAU Community

Open Diff Be Gone!

I would just like a simple answer will a 35.Z diff fit or not because and aftermarket one is x3 more and I need to know how much to.save for. Sick of going into my driveway and the stupid open diff spinning the wheel which has less traction which is the one in the air

Why dont YOU have a look at the mounting positions, the stub axle bolt patterns and make up your mind, or are you waiting for someone to magically say yeah I changed the Diff in my white V35 VQ25DD sedan to a 350z one and it worked?

Do you want a LSD if its going to make your car signifigantly slower? Thats what we are telling you to check!

Can't swap the stub axle over, they have different spline configurations. Can you swap the Outside flange off the stub axle! Or swap over to 3.5 litre driveshafts.

And you still don't know if your going to a longer diff, making the car slower.

Good luck.

Btw, super random first post, what are you doing here.....?

Ok I reread your post , all good much easier to just swap the flanges from the original diff to the vlsd . I don't know why there isn't more information on the net about it , it' just seems like such an easy swap to something factory and a lower price than an after market product

Ok, I read and tried to understand your post. But I'm failing.

What are you trying to Swap? from what to what?

Maybe this will explain a bit better

dscf0027ej.jpg

Here is from left to right:

03 driver side from VLSD

03 pass. side from VLSD

05 pass side from open

http://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-drivetrain/483882-what-could-cause-stub-shafts-to-pull-out-2.html

Compare the pair....

Your original

http://www.importmon...6.jpg&title=V35 R VQ25DD

Z33

http://www.importmon...791.jpg&title=Z Z33 R VQ35DE

Doesn't look like it would work, agree?

The flanges on the pictures on these diffs , the vlsd has the evenly spaced 6 holes to bolt the axle to the flange , where as the original v35 diff has 6 holes but 3 paired ...

So I was looking at the possibility of swapping the "stub axles" the part that slides into the diff to allow the shafts the mate with the diff ..

Now seeing the pictures that youbhave posted looks like the stub axle is longer obviously . So changing the full axle may be the trick

Hi

I'm also consider going to a LSD in my car but its a 300GT. Its diff ratio is a 3.13 ratio so if I go to a quaife will that mean quicker acceleration but lower top end?

Will be doing a engine swap next year but keeping the gearbox as its the same as the standard VQ35 so built to handle the power.

Cheers

A quaife will not change the ratio of your diff. It is a part that fits in the centre, not part of the gears. We were talking about a wholesale pumpkin (the whole unit) change.

That being said, might be wise if the stub axle flange fits, getting a manual 350z vlsd diff (3.5:1) as it would give you a useful boost in acceleration, as well as the LSD component.

Top end isn't really something to worry about, as long as cruising rpm is still comfortable. Really taken your car past 240kmh? Otherwise not going to effect you.

• 9 months later...