SAU Community

Ant's Rb26/30 A31 Ceffy

Bought the ceffy bout 8 months ago for a decent price just something to drive to work and back in. Then my partner bought a new mazda 3 and I aquired her lancer.. So we took the car back to Hervey Bay (thats where im from) and it sat in the shed and ran out of rego. Though to myself in this time I could put a car together and still be able to get to work and back. So the old rb25 came out of the ceffy and the 26/30 built started. Picked up a rebuilt rb30 off a mate here in brissy and then it all started. Sourced a rb26 head had it reco'd, light port and a set of tomei 270deg 10.25mm lift cams and tomei buckets/springs fitted also went for a single throttle setup for something different. Looking for a streeter to make 450-500rwhp all day every day.

So the things Ive collected on the way are:

Jun plennum

90mm throttle body

hks fuel rail

sard 800cc injectors

sard fpr

dash fittings

2 x 975 external pumps

haltech e11v2 patch loom and 3bar map sensor

crap load of dash fittings and braided line etc

Pulled the rb30 bottem end apart and found that it had been reco'd maybe 100km ago and is in very good condition.

ACL pistons

ACL bearings

Ballanced Rods/crank

Need to fit new water pump and a possible nitto oil pump/crank collar. Also looking for the turbo side of things at the moment maybe a 6boost manifold and a gt3540 or maybe T04z something along those lines as the power output is at the lower end of the scales and I want it to be a street car with decent response.

Got stuck into the engine bay with a mate thanks Keiron aka (Gtir-keiron) got it prepped and paintedd blue with green zerelick. Put it back together the next day.

so it started out like this:

p1000179u.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

base down

p1000183v.jpg

clear on and a close up of the colour change

p1000187j.jpg

parts all fitted back up

p1000198x.jpg

Small collection of parts

p1000115sl.jpg

p1000199j.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decided to go gt42r as we came accross a deal at a good price. So we sourced a trust manifold and a tial 44mm wastgate off a guy here on the forum. So hopefully we will get the wiring loom run and the computer in the car aslo still have to tap the block for the second tentioner and fit the head to the block, fingers crossed it'll be done this weekend ;).

post-11029-1284421459_thumb.jpg

post-11029-1284421468_thumb.jpg

yeah will be cept ive been ripped off on my manifold and gate as ive bought one from a forum member and have been done $900 as its been over 2 weeks since ive paid for it and still havent recieved he also screwed over someone else on here too..

To be honest ant and i had the engine bay stripped down and painted in about 5 to 6 hours.

Motor already out of the car helped alot.Ant is really good with strip down work as he has pulled so many cars apart and put them back together again.

Wow anthony you got ripped off by a forum member dude? Name and shame time really mate and im sorry to hear about that.

I hope he comes clean and sends you the items mate really.