SAU Community

Texi, Skids On Sunday, 28th November 2010

N1GTR

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So apparently I might be at this...

Later on in the afternoon, if we replace the last cone with a blow-up "1 metre soft-vinyl punching bag effigy" of our President "Steve-O", would you like to...

a) drive around him

b) nudge him or

c) *** him

???

:blink:

Edit* the blow-up bag is rated useable by "3 years+"

wow this looks really fun, where can i find all the relevant details about what you need? cams aasa, i have niether :D scruitineering? sound levels, i have a 3.5inch turbo back exhaust that too loud? helmet don't have one of those, place i can borrow/hire?

wow this looks really fun, where can i find all the relevant details about what you need? cams aasa, i have niether :down: scruitineering? sound levels, i have a 3.5inch turbo back exhaust that too loud? helmet don't have one of those, place i can borrow/hire?

Basically, check the first post. CAMS is available on the day; $50 for L2NS (texi events, etc) or $100 for L2S (speed events like EC, etc). I got L2S and scored like $140 off my comprehensive insurance, so I was $40 ahead, winner! You'll need a fire extinguisher as well, Autobarn have them for $30 or so. I've used the bolt that holds the passenger side of the rear seat down as my bracket mount.

Scrutineering is basically to make sure everything's ok, fire extinguisher is there, nothing loose around the cabin, no oil leaks etc. If your 3.5" turbo back isn't too loud, it should be fine. Basically, as long as it's not one of those ones that people 400m down the street go "here comes that asshole again", you should be right.

Helmets... You can actually get them quite cheap, I got mine for $100 inc post with two spare visors.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FULL-FACE-MOTORCYCL...=item35ad82ffb2

Check this guy's stuff out, and make sure to measure your head if you're gonna get something from there. The dark tinted visor he also sells (not mirror) is quite good, too.

But by far the BIGGEST thing you will need is a desire to destroy tyres and do fast times :D

wow this looks really fun, where can i find all the relevant details about what you need? cams aasa, i have niether :P scruitineering? sound levels, i have a 3.5inch turbo back exhaust that too loud? helmet don't have one of those, place i can borrow/hire?

MCAS do cheap helmets that you can pick up instore. The bloke there thought i was mental wanting an open face helmet for drag racing until i mentioned i was doing it in a car :)

Woo. Got my entry form, will be faxing it this arvo and paying the dosh. Will be my first time out. I watched the last one so cant wait to get the blue whale out there to see what shes got. Will need the AASA licence and will have to scab up some spare tyres. Cant wait. See you all there.

*EDIT Payed and Forms Faxed. See you out there!

Edited by Calsonic14U

can you add my name to the list. I will be there 100%, i just want to my SAU membership first.

Also those Helmets above are fantastic. I ordered one off them about 3 weeks ago and it came 2 days later. He's highly recommended