SAU Community

Texi, Skids On Sunday, 28th November 2010

N1GTR

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance of another entrants list update? It would be nice to see my name on the list. It also might help push people to enter if they see less spots available.

Done :blink:

There are a few more then what is listed as people have promised to enter and asked that spots be reserved etc, but NO ONE gets on the list without getting a form in.

Not long to go now.

I'm bringing my Silvia up instead of a RB powered car. Hopefully it won't break down but reliability has been pretty poor :P.

How much track time do you normally have at one of these as I am only planning to bring 1 pair of brand newies....

1 pair of new rears should be fine. Really its just the people who loop it and keep the foot in that go through tyres (and they're the minority anyway as its not the fastest way to finish a course).

I put a new set of rears on my Supra last year and take it to the DECA motokhanas which are much harder on tyres (not to mention the 1700k round trip), i keep the foot in when spinning etc and they're still above half treadwear

Although, if your new set are something super soft, thats another story.

Ive never timed anyone throughout the day for a total driving time. Generally by 3pm most people have had enough and are exhausted so that should give you an idea. The line moves at a pretty constant rate and each run goes for under a minute, there are also two groups on the day.

The other ACT guys surely could give you advice based on how you drive if your mates with them etc :P

I generally destroy 1 tyre per texi as my vicious LSD is awesome at peg legging... though you need to factor in that I am using really shit rubber in really shit condition and I take the fact that texi is held on a SKIDpan seriously.

Looking at my most recent texi experience it would seem what is hardest on the tyres is the handbrake... my tyres get pretty flat spotted by the end of the day :P