SAU Community

New Queensland Gtr Club -

kymbo

Having recently purchased a new Black R35 GTR, I find it frustrating that there are no GTR clubs in Queensland.

Previous cars I have owned have active clubs, giving focus to the interest, organising drive times, Gymkana's and track sprint days, the more relaxed weekend variety where we can kick the Porsche's around at a pace that does not destroy our cars brakes, tyres and transmissions etc.

If anybody is keen, lets get it happening!

I am based on the Gold Coast.

Von Bibra Nissan on the Gold Coast said they would help support a new GTR Club, especially if it was based on the Gold Coast.

Kymbo

Edited by kymbo
  • Like 1

Having recently purchased a new Black R35 GTR, I find it frustrating that there are no GTR clubs in Queensland.

Previous cars I have owned have active clubs, giving focus to the interest, organising drive times, Gymkana's and track sprint days, the more relaxed weekend variety where we can kick the Porsche's around at a pace that does not destroy our cars brakes, tyres and transmissions etc.

If anybody is keen, lets get it happening!

I am based on the Gold Coast.

Von Bibra Nissan on the Gold Coast said they would help support a new GTR Club, especially if it was based on the Gold Coast.

Kymbo

ummmmmm SAU QLD????? *face palm*

SAU QLD ???

Where is it?

What is it?

Type of cars and age group. I would look a bit silly mixing it up with 18 - 20 year olds (Im over 50!)

What do they do?

And how do I contact them?

Thanks,

Kymbo

www.sauqld.com is the forum, we have members from 18-50+ (not sure how old Fineline is)

we compete in all sorts of car and non car events, and if you check out the forums you can see our outing to the All Japanese Day at lakeside.

Jump on the forums and and you will find the contact details

www.sauqld.com is the forum, we have members from 18-50+ (not sure how old Fineline is)

we compete in all sorts of car and non car events, and if you check out the forums you can see our outing to the All Japanese Day at lakeside.

Jump on the forums and and you will find the contact details

I doubt there is an 18 yo in our club. I would put the average age at around 35.

I personally think a 35 gtr exclusive club would be a great idea, after all, they are not skylines are they j/k ;)

climb on board if you like, all are welcome and all we do is have fun but if you are looking for something more exclusive we may not fit your bill.

Hey Kym,

send me a PM with you mobile if you wish. I can give you an update on SauQld. or as Troy and Noel suggested, have a look at www.sauqld.com.

We are also a CAMS club if that helps.

Cheers Chris

Issue in a R35 GTR club would simply be numbers :laugh:

Tis a LOT of effort to organise such an endeavour for only 20/30 people that might be interested.

As suggested - SAU QLD - Great choice.

Don't worry about the ole "age" thing.

Down here in Vic we have many member over 50 and they get along quite well with the mid 20's+ (our median age would be around 25).

That's the thing when you are an enthusiast and keen, age becomes largely irrelevant when you share a common interest IMO :laugh:

• 2 years later...

I doubt there is an 18 yo in our club. I would put the average age at around 35.

I personally think a 35 gtr exclusive club would be a great idea, after all, they are not skylines are they j/k biggrin.gif

climb on board if you like, all are welcome and all we do is have fun but if you are looking for something more exclusive we may not fit your bill.

Pretty sure that last time I went to a meet of some kind was a little while ago and I was probably the youngest guy there, at 22.

Pretty sure that last time I went to a meet of some kind was a little while ago and I was probably the youngest guy there, at 22.

Good to see another Bris owner on here. Definitely join the club man. Would be nice to hang out with other R35 owners in the same region

I'm an SAU QLD member, but I don't own a 35 man :P

I have an R32 GT-R.

22 with a 35 ?

The only way that happens is if you're either kissed on the dick by a fairy or you're in pharmaceuticals :P

• Like 1

I think you'll find that there are atleast 10 people who have commented in this thread that don't own 35's.

I was adding my 2c worth in about SAUQLD, considering I am a member I am probably qualified to comment.

Is this to your satisfaction ?

Hey mate,

SAU QLD are organising a number of events throughout the year. We have our weekly catch ups over dinner - usually a Thursday or Friday night.

We have a cruise on this Sunday heading up the sunny coast hinterlands.

Next month there's happy laps at Lakeside etc. We try and host a few things each month and are growing this at a strong rate.

Come to the cruise on Sunday and say hi to the guys. This weeks dinner looks like there might just be a few people (because I've been flat out at work and didn't have time to organise it) but you're more than welcome to join.

TTR34 is organising a photoshoot of the R series GT-Rs and he could use a 35 in there.

There is a fair amount going on and after there AGM, there should be a lot more.

If you've got any further q's, you can PM myself or any other exec, jump onto www.sauqld.com or even cruise on down to the QLD section here.

FYI, there were two 35s at our annual charity cruise last year.

Speak soon mate!