SAU Community

M35 Consult Iii/obd Ii Cable And Software?

Vesza

Hi guys. I am hoping to have a consult III here in Sydney soon and will be offering cheap scans etc. just trying to source a cheap laptop running Windows xp. Once I have the laptop I will order one. I may talk to you about that yangliu

Best bet is to download VMware Workstation 12 Player (free) and use that to emulate xp on whatever windows platform you have, thats what im currently doing and it seems to work fine with my consult 3/consult 3 plus, However don't use the virtual xp mode that comes with windows it dosent work well.

Best bet is to download VMware Workstation 12 Player (free) and use that to emulate xp on whatever windows platform you have, thats what im currently doing and it seems to work fine with my consult 3/consult 3 plus, However don't use the virtual xp mode that comes with windows it dosent work well.

My house is full of Mac. Need a whole new machine anyway for the purpose

Apparently torque has a beta Consult feature, but expecting a consult cable I guess as it won't work with the standard elm cable. I see that with the consult you also get an obd to consult adapter, would be nice to get one of these to do the opposite and fake a consult port from the obd. Might be enough to get the app to work if the data pin is different or something with our M35s

Let's talk about you getting me one

buy aliexpress one? I think you could order from aliexpress directly. Or you want to share one with me? I think it is cheap enough that we could buy 2 for you and me that we could save the postage. What's your plan? I am worry about the software. Does it come with the consoult3 or need to search from Google? Or you already have the copy of software?

Don't get mixed up, the consult port is the older setup for 34's and older. Our Stagea runs an obd2 plug, and needs consult 3.

That's true. The consult3 comes with original odb2 port. The convert cable coming together is for 34 and older.

buy aliexpress one? I think you could order from aliexpress directly. Or you want to share one with me? I think it is cheap enough that we could buy 2 for you and me that we could save the postage. What's your plan? I am worry about the software. Does it come with the consoult3 or need to search from Google? Or you already have the copy of software?

it will come with cracked software

as i own a patrol soon to be stagea the guys over at patrol4x4 are working reverse engineering a consult 2 to allow you to modify ecu signals and view all the sensors and what the engine is doing on an lcd screen and there is also talk of making an android app for said process. now i know this is not a stagea as they have their own set of weird laws in how the ecu talks however, the 2001 zd30di patrol uses an obd2 port but operates consult software.. they have a working prototype could possibly use same thing on stagea also to note they are talking about auto vehicles aswell

I have an old aver travelmate I bought from eBay for $35 which I put XP on. Was a pain going back from Vista. The secret was to the long partition format during XP install as vista has a hidden partition the stops XP installing/rebooting properly. Might save you the hours it took me to work it out. :)

• Like 2