SAU Community

M35 Consult Iii/obd Ii Cable And Software?

Vesza

Firstly, the infometer isn't just a toy, especially if you have the external sensors fitted. I have the oil pressure, oil temp and boost pressure sensors with my wideband in the analogue input. It displays everything I will ever need in one small display with peak hold and warnings. It has saved my arse more times than I can count, and is very useful for diagnosis.

Matt, if you are having problems with your consult3 don't take it out on the unit, it's just the knock-off software most likely. I tried a few versions before I found one that worked well. It's a very powerful unit, much more useful than clearing codes.. If only you knew what it could actually do... Nissan should do a course. :P

Hey Scotty.

I've found the data monitoring side to be very unstable to the extent I can't log for more than 20sec without the VI disconnecting from the PC or the ECU. Same goes for when I try to adjust the ign timing, AF learn etc. Everything else works 'most' of the time between crashes. Tried many USB cables, mains power etc etc with no change. I've read through the Nissan training Academy course, came with the unit. Could you help me out on what software version is stable? I was under the impression the software was original Nissan.. I'll check my version when I get home. I've been in contact with the supplier who seems to think the VI is faulty...

On another note:

ICarsoft i903 for Nissan apparently also works on our cars according to the seller..

To tell you the truth I don't do much logging, without the oscilloscope viewer it may not work well. For live data mine works perfectly. Are you using an XP lappy or emulating it?

I got my software from England, off the guy who built the R35gtr fronted Stagea.

It's the same with live data on mine, lasts 20sec at most before crashing. I have an XP Acer travel mate with a fresh XP build. But good point I might try the other one we have at the shop with XP when James is back from playing Air Force. I don't have the MI.. to expensive for me when I already have a fluke scopemeter I can borrow from work.

I have another USB A/B cable but one with a ferrite choke on each end. Will see if that works any better. the data streams seems like it is best effort data rather than CRC referenced.

That R35 fronted stag looks the goods, I've been doing my best to find some affordable 35R wheels with tyres that will fit. Found a set with new 255's all round but price is up there. Some of the 19" 370Z wheels are more affordable and RAYS.

Edited by BoostdR

found this one today which lists M35 VQ25DET as compatible. Might download the demo this afternoon and try it out with my ELM 327 Bluetooth to my Quad core Kitkat 4.4 deck.

http://www.hobdrive.com

It lists a working profile for the M35 VQ25DET... I wonder if I can borrow the init string from that profile to get torque up and running....hmmmn

Matt

I tested out the Hobdrive trial and it did work, it was a while ago so can't recall what data was available. Pretty sure it was up and running with my knockoff elm327 (also have an OBDlink MX WIFI so could have been that). If i didn't have an Informeter Touch already i probably would've coughed up the $27 for it and given it a proper testing.

Firstly, the infometer isn't just a toy, especially if you have the external sensors fitted. I have the oil pressure, oil temp and boost pressure sensors with my wideband in the analogue input. It displays everything I will ever need in one small display with peak hold and warnings. It has saved my arse more times than I can count, and is very useful for diagnosis.

Matt, if you are having problems with your consult3 don't take it out on the unit, it's just the knock-off software most likely. I tried a few versions before I found one that worked well. It's a very powerful unit, much more useful than clearing codes.. If only you knew what it could actually do... Nissan should do a course. :P

+1 have an Informeter & sensor harness (with boost & oil pressure/temp sensors). Very handy to have it all there in a nice small package.

post-49288-14432486283568_thumb.jpg

So the preset profile is there. Looks like it doesn't want to stay connected to my 327. Maybe hope still. I'll keep playing. Maybe buy a better 327

Here is the unit string, I'll try it in torque later

post-49288-14432489395268_thumb.jpg

Edited by BoostdR

Tried it in torque too, it does "connect to the ecu" but doesn't know how to read the sensors. All you I could see (from both torque and hobdrive) is the battery voltage. Maybe bought a second faulty elm adapter...

Oh noes, what a fool I feel now!

Where have you been all my life to assist with my big life decisions?

Bite me champ.

sorry mate, it doesn't mean info meter touch is unless, it is a good diag tool with big screen and could expand with many sensors. :yes:

i just want to say not all people could afford such expensive luxury diag tool. :closedeyes: (info touch + full harness and sensors)

Oh noes, what a fool I feel now!

Where have you been all my life to assist with my big life decisions?

Bite me champ.

come on now, there is no need for this sort of attitude.

Has anyone use the CANtieCAR interface? i was reading on a Russian\mhh forum that it was possible to get it to work with consult 3 plus GUI, it may be worth a look

I like the new info coming out in this thread..many heads make light work.... be sensational to work out an ELM327 based tool. Cheap cheap. I have the next 3 days off...I'll have a bit more of a play. When I hear back from Hobdrive I'll post the email up.

Matt

• Like 1

Tried it in torque too, it does "connect to the ecu" but doesn't know how to read the sensors. All you I could see (from both torque and hobdrive) is the battery voltage. Maybe bought a second faulty elm adapter...

Could be. Attached is the output I got from Hobdrive. Temps look right and RPM was correct, would have to go for a drive to see if speed was being reported.

Elcheapo elm327 knockoff i have was sold as "V1.5 Super Mini ELM327 OBD2 OBD-II Bluetooth CAN-BUS Auto Diagnostic Tool" but that was a few years ago. Link in my ebay account directs to a v2.1 device (looks identical though)

post-128502-0-64794600-1443345922_thumb.jpg

post-128502-0-49979900-1443346062_thumb.jpg

Edited by TCO
  • Like 2

Pretty sure torque would work then, the connection string is the same as hobdrive except the ';' which needs to be standard new line character :

ATSP5\nATAL\nATIB10\nATSH8110FC\nATST32\nATSW00 

Can someone with a working ELM adaptor give it a try?

Edited by valf