SAU Community

stupid window

As the title says my window is stupid well last night it went down but now it aint goin back up i have an r33 gtst i am just wonding were i could get a new electric window motor from i am in melbourne and how much would one ruffly be thanks for ya help

The problem may not be the motor. Is it your passenger window?

Sometimes the job is as simple as pulling both driver and passenger switches out, pulling them apart and cleaning the crap that builds up on the contacts.

If you are not 100% sure that your motor is stuffed, try cleaning the switches - it may save you some $$$.

I had the same problem and after pulling everything apart it ended up being dodgy contacts.

Your local auto electrician will be able to put an aftermarket motor in as could mine.

i been fixing a few of these laterly. whichc door is it?

check the black box in the drivers side with someone elses. and see if it works, if so, look in the black box and see if its just solder ****ed up or a capasitor shit itself, you can get those black boxes for abou $70.

if not then check your motor. sometimes the spline in the motor is worn or slips down abit.

http://forums.skylinesdownunder.co.nz/show...&threadid=17097

have a look there.

i been fixing a few of these laterly. whichc door is it?

check the black box in the drivers side with someone elses. and see if it works, if so, look in the black box and see if its just solder ****ed up or a capasitor shit itself, you can get those black boxes for abou $70.

if not then check your motor. sometimes the spline in the motor is worn or slips down abit.

http://forums.skylinesdownunder.co.nz/show...&threadid=17097

have a look there. or

Posted by: sherlock_nzl

To remove window motor  

Get a length of masking tape and run strip along joining window to door.  

Remove door trim  

Disconnect wiring  

Remove 3 screws holding motor assembly, the 4th screw needs only loosening in its slot then lifting up and the head of bolt will pass through hole.  

Towards rear of door there is 2 bolts 150mm apart in vertical slots with marking next to them, with scriber, mark ring around bolt/washer (so you know where to put it on reassembly) remove bolts.  

At bottom of window glass is a rail with a bolt at each end, undo nuts and at same time watch the end of the bolt to ensure it does not turn, if it turns hold the other end which I think is like a flat washer with a couple of flats on it. (You may have to undo the masking tape and lower the window down to get to these two bolts) after you have removed these two nuts and pulled off rail, move the window to the top and retape.  

Motor and arms can be removed through the large hole at rear bottom of door.  

Refer to other reply for motor repair.

• 8 months later...

To bring up an old, but helpful thread.

My car had been sitting for just under 3 months, the drivers side window went down but it never came back up again.

I just pulled the door apart to find the motor was rooted. It was clicking, just no movement. So I do what you do to all electric motors that don't want to work. you hit it, and you hit it HARD!

Problem solved.

If you've ever owned an old car and had the starter motor not work, you'll know what i mean :D

Shaun