SAU Community

Cabin Airfilter?

Rb Liner25

Hey all,

Does my series 1 r33 have a cabin air filter? if so where do i find this and how do I replace it??

Cheers

yes, all cars have cabin filter, in the 32 and 34 its in the aircon unit behind glove box, call nissan, changing it is a simple case of unclick panel remove filter insert new filter replace panel

i am also rather interested in knowing if there is a removable filter in the R33s.

in the past when i have taken out glove box and surround, i have never found what would appear to be a removable filter of sorts... maybe i'm just not looking in the right places.

surely someone would know, or someone with with their dash removed has seen it.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I had seen a thread somewhere on this before for an R33 but I think it was the one for the Stagea I was thinking of which had photos.. thread here.

The below was taken form this thread...

1. remove glove box. There are 2 sliding clips at the bottom of the box (stick head into the foot well to see them), you slide them and pull them out, that will let you take the glove box out. There is a retracting cable that is attached to the right hand side of the glove box, that needs to be slid off to let you remove the whole box.

2. remove all the screws behind the glove box, including the clip that the box grabs to in order to stay shut. Can't remember how many, probably 4 or so. This lets you take the whole panel off and reveals the aircon blower and filters.

3. locate the rectangle white plastic thing. there is a metal clip on the bottom, take that off. then slide the whole plastic thing up and that allows you to take if off.

4. now the white plastic rectangle thing is off, the filters are revealed.

Might have to give this a look myself to see what condition they're in.. maybe clean or replace them.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...