SAU Community

R32 Gts-t Clutch Problem?

Chibs

Hi Guys,

Jumped in the car the other day and the clutch felt a lot different... I could get into gears 1-5 but not reverse... The next day i couldnt get into any gear!

I have had a look at the fluid levels and they are full no leaking? I had a similiar issue last year where the slave cylinder had shat itself and there was fluid leaking from underneath...

Could it be the slave cylinder again? I only had it replaced not long ago and the car does not get driven much its mainly a weekender...

Advice is appreciated!

Does the clutch feel very light when u push it down?

If so maybe you've broken the bracket up the top of the clutch pedal?

Happened to me maybe 3 weeks ago, clutch was fine and then one day It was feeling really light and I couldn't get it into gear

First off,,,get under the car,,,jacks and stands properly possitioned and pull back the outer boot off the slave cylinder,,,if there is fluid leaking then you know it's the slave,,,.Then start working your forward.

Cheers

Neil.

Hi Guys,

The friction point is much lower then it should be.... And it is a bit crunchy i need to really push the gears in.... There is nothing leaking from the outside or the cabin and i have had a look under the car to check the slave cylinder which seems to be operating fine...

I managed to crunch it into gears whilst running to drive it down the road to a mechanics... He says his"educational" guess is that the master cylinder has shat itself.... I dont want to replace this and find out its not the problem.... Has anyone got any ideas??

And whats the part number for the master cylinder and how much will it set me back

Regards

Ok had my brother in laws mate come past who got under the pedals with a shifter and a set of tweasers and fixed it in under 5 minutes?? I could not really get a word out of him my arabic is not good but i could understand 1 thing he said which was your clutch is halfway... So halfway out i take it?

The friction point is still pretty low and i find it better now as i didnt like it so high up... But how long will i have until it completely goes?

Think i should start looking for a replacement

There's noway anyone on here can tell u how long u have before ur clutch goes because none of us have seen ur car.. If I was u I would take it to a work shop and tell them everything u know... If u can't fiqure it out they should beable too.

If u live in nsw in the western suburbs I can pm u a great workshop to go too, I take my car there for everything.

Chibs, if it went from "perfectly normal" to "pick up very low and broken" in a space of getting in and out, then you have either a leaking hydraulic system/broken pivots etc OR the clutch pedal has broken.

If you're not loosing fluid, then I'd say you've broken the pivot or the clutch pedal bracket.

Since adjusting it helped, I'd say you've broken the clutch pedal bracket.

Which means get it fixed.

Climb under the dash upside down, look at the clutch pedal where it mounts in up high, if as you press it the bracket moves, you've snapped the bracket.

Pull the dash out, reweld the bracket.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replys appreciate them.... Yes i do live in the west but i have a hard time trusting mechanics because of the **** they charge you with...

If this workshop you talk about are honest people it would be good to head down there to see what they have to say...

Hi Matt thanks for that i will get under there tonight with a torch and have a look at what you said... Yeah adjusting it did help and it seems to be fine at the moment but friction point is a lot lower then it used to be..

Cheers!

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replys appreciate them.... Yes i do live in the west but i have a hard time trusting mechanics because of the **** they charge you with...

If this workshop you talk about are honest people it would be good to head down there to see what they have to say...

Hi Matt thanks for that i will get under there tonight with a torch and have a look at what you said... Yeah adjusting it did help and it seems to be fine at the moment but friction point is a lot lower then it used to be..

Cheers!

It sounds extremely likely you've broken the clutch pedal bracket then.

When I snapped mine the friction point was basically at the floor.

Hi Guys,

Jumped in the car the other day and the clutch felt a lot different... I could get into gears 1-5 but not reverse... The next day i couldnt get into any gear!

I have had a look at the fluid levels and they are full no leaking? I had a similiar issue last year where the slave cylinder had shat itself and there was fluid leaking from underneath...

Could it be the slave cylinder again? I only had it replaced not long ago and the car does not get driven much its mainly a weekender...

Advice is appreciated!

hey chibs,

might sound silly of me to ask, but how old is the clutch???

personally i reckon u need a new one, change the slave and at the same time they aint that expensive......u WILL appreciate it.

sounds like the same symptoms i had 6 months ago, i finally cracked it not knowing how to fix it, thought the clutch aint that old (i put it in myself bout two years before) took the car to louis......clutch was f**ked.....new one, a week later the old slave went. new slave perfecto till some f**ker stole it all again

cheers

mick

Edited by mii11x

Chibs honestly u can trust the guy I go to, I've known him for over 5years and he's deadset a honest bloke.. He will look after you. Plus I'm almost 100% sure that the problem with ur car is the clutch pedal itself.

As I said, if u want pm me and I'll give u the details.

I bought the car last year October from a jap dealer on parra road... I would say the clutch is pretty old dont know exactly how many years though.. I changed the slave cylinder in it early this year

I will take it to teh workshop matty is talking about in above post and see what they think.... I will most likely replace the clutch if it comes to it.. Thanks guys!

Still have not had the chance to get under and look at the pedal myself been held up at work for the past few nights...

Alright guys it turns out it was my master cylinder !!! Where can i find one for my R32? Anyone know of a place..?

Apparently its "Special" because it has a bleeder on the top

Alright guys it turns out it was my master cylinder !!! Where can i find one for my R32? Anyone know of a place..?

Apparently its "Special" because it has a bleeder on the top

most nissan dealers should be able to get you one these days mate, campbelltown nissan on mill road is where i go