SAU Community

Top Secret 2.8 Vcam On Its Way...

mattyneweraimports

The upholstery looks great on the seats and the inserts in the back seats look very nice. Something the GTR interiors have always lacked a little is that feel of luxury.

I'd rather have leather than all that carbon trim though. That probably makes me old right? Its not as though you really need the weight reduction... after all. 800PS!

it's a super cool car. been in it a few years ago when in tokyo it was blue. it's been cool seeing the changes gio made to it over the years and it certainly has had a lot of cool bits on it. :laugh: it's owned by an ex pat aussie in japan too. :D Gio. well not any more.......

The upholstery looks great on the seats and the inserts in the back seats look very nice. Something the GTR interiors have always lacked a little is that feel of luxury.

I'd rather have leather than all that carbon trim though. That probably makes me old right? Its not as though you really need the weight reduction... after all. 800PS!

lol, you are old! and it's not really weight reduction either since most carbon interior stuff like that is wrapped or coated meaning you have the original part AND another layer so there'd be an increase in weight (pretty minor but still funny). I do find a lot of that stuff does look a bit nicer in real life than in pics. but agree it's not 100% my cup of tea either.

the car went back to TS for new aero kit, retune and few other bits and pieces like full strip down, and seamweld the chassis

I don't know why, but I've got a fetish for cars that have seamwelded chassis's..

The GTR is awesome.

You are a very lucky man, you're definitely going to enjoy that car :ermm:

This car is what I have considered the best GTR ever built I would love to hear the spec of the engine now because this was making 800+rwhp 5-6 years ago what has been done since in the tune up???

hi the spec is on speedhunters, not complete spec but the majority

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2009/08/27...he-rebirth.aspx

the car isnt black, its "grey", but its a one off colour made by TS

• 1 month later...

Well chaps, a little update for you all on the HipoGTR. :smokin:

ive had alot of PMs on the subject of this car, what did it cost being the main one.

i wont discuss the cost of the car, however this may give you some idea

build cost is 20,000,000 Yen (all receipted), plus the cost of the car, plus the import duties (35% for the UK)

The object of the club is to share, maintain & develop the GT-R. I think that this car shows what you can do with some of the "older" RB GTRs.

However, it seems odd, as the last time I saw this car, was at DPA, on a very cold evening post TAS, during my last visit to Japan. I just stood in amazement looking at this 34 dreaming of creating something similar from my existing 34 GTR..

To build a car of this quality takes a lot of time, dedication & the right attitude.

Having looked through the service history, it's amazing. Everything is documented.

From the exact time (Japanese efficiency) to when the Robson interior was installed to the rebuild, to the service intervals.

In order to ship this car with 100% safely, a container was sourced, and the Japanese Newera team, arranged for all the export papers and safe storage out of Japan.

This is a much more expensive shipping option (around 7-8 times more expensive than a RoRo option- approx $6400 ), however I couldn't risk anything on this car, so it was the only way.

There are very few (if any) companies that can obtain these types of pictures of the car being safely placed into is home for the next 6 weeks.

Mostly because, it takes time to do, & the Japanese guys who had the task of doing this, dont really take pictures of their work.

However the Japanese Newrea team knew how special this car was, and they kindly agreed to get the pictures to forward on to share.

tight ramp onto the container...

DSC02898.jpg

Not right to the end...

DSC02908.jpg

Careful with those TE37s...

DSC02906.jpg

DSC02904.jpg

DSC02910.jpg

DSC02909.jpg

Strapping it down....

DSC02899.jpg

DSC02907.jpg

DSC02911.jpg

complete and ready...

DSC02912.jpg

The car is then ready for export to its new owner.

Just the very long wait now for the car:) so 2011 will be an interesting year for me.

Hi , thanks for the comments

Gio decided to sell, as it was a completed project, which was going on for 9 years.

plus i nagged him for ages lol

Though didnt even think for one min, he would sell.

We have been good mates for a long time, & it was more passing on a legend into good hands than anything.

really happy with the GT-R.

I have no plans other than i have just ordered the R35 GTR rear badge set. It doesnt require anything else (or infact theres nothing else out there for it)

hope that helps :)