SAU Community

Spare Helmet For Deca

LKC

Hey,

So I am heading up to DECA and have been lucky enough to pick up a spot as a nav / awe inspired passenger >_<

I am now aware that a helmet is a requirement for being a passenger. A helmet is currently something I dont own. :laugh:

is there anybody heading up to DECA that has a spare Helmet I could use? I have decent sized head so a small probs would fit.

anyways thanks

+1...is worth it if you going to be active on the tracks more often...if its a one off thing, you can borrow mine when i am not driving...if its possible..>_< my first deca so not sure if i can....if i can you can borrow mine :laugh:

strongly disagree. don't buy a cheap helmet. they are cheap for a reason cuz they are shit.

if you cant afford anything expensive buy an open faced racing helmet. if you can afford it a bit more, buy a half decent full faced helmet.

when i actually take my car to the track, ill have to get a better helmet. its FAR too hot in summer, the padding is uncomfortable and itchy.

so spend the extra $50-$200, its worth it and i have only being passenger so far. i would hate for a helmet to ruin my track days.

Edited by Peter89

Yeah i do intend on doing more track days and buying a helmet. I just don't have one atm so i am looking borrow as a obe off then i will go buy one. I have been told thre is a good place in flemington.

All helmets must meet a minimum standard. TBH, most helmets will all work the same. The big difference will be in the weight, quality of liner, looks and vent design which, in reality, won't make any noticeable difference in your situation. If you were doing 50 laps of a track at full noise, or riding a motorbike it would, but a DECA day or typical track day, it won't matter.

Grab a cheapo from your local bike store. It'll do everything you need and then some.

Normally they dont provide (last one I went to you couldn't). I've got several spare helmets as I do a lot of motorcross and endurance riding. I could lend you one if you like.

Thanks mate that would be great if you bring a spare up so that way I dont need to worry if Vpect is driving or not.

Im looking online now and it seems that Bell is selling the K1 sport for USD$400.00

http://www.bellracing.com/public/index/product/detail/234/

Im sure a better deal can be found if I do some hunting.

The site says that the helmet is SA2010 standards. does this make it SA2005 too.

That helmet seems mid range and is around the max amount I would want to pay for a helmet for the moment.

Go to a bike shop and grab a KBC for $150.

Or something like their open face helmet.

Your face won't hit the steering wheel, and if it does, having an open face is the least of your problems. If it does, it's likely the steering wheel has come back to give you a love tap and you've been cut in half at the hips by the firewall anyway.

lol you dont need the stigs helmet man just get a cheapie you'll be fine.

oh and just dont crash open face/closed face wont matter.

the cool kids wear these

Hahah

But if your going to invest in a Helmet surely looking like the stig is the bestway to go. I wont buy one untill I know I want to get into motorsport.

maybe I should head down to phillip island one day and get some lessons.

I wont buy one untill I know I want to get into motorsport.

maybe I should head down to phillip island one day and get some lessons.

trust me.... you want to get into motorsport...

for that to happen though, the seat belt mounts or seat mounts would need to break.

lol... my seat busted at the last deca, does that count? :(