SAU Community

V36 Window Problem - Key Not Detected?

Haxorz

Hi guys,

I've got a problem with my V36.

Everytime I leave the car it automatically winds the windows down. I also have the key battery alert warning on.

The thing is I've already changed the battery but it still says 'battery low'.

My guess on what's happening is that it's not detecting that I'm taking the key out of the car, so it winds down the windows so I don't lock my keys in (just like it cleverly does with the boot).

Obviously I can't leave my car parked out on the street with the windows wound down. It also does this with my passenger window if I enter that side.

Any suggestions? Has anyone successfully changed a battery or have experienced something similar?

David.

Edited by Haxorz

Hi guys,

I've got a problem with my V36.

Everytime I leave the car it automatically winds the windows down. I also have the key battery alert warning on.

The thing is I've already changed the battery but it still says 'battery low'.

My guess on what's happening is that it's not detecting that I'm taking the key out of the car, so it winds down the windows so I don't lock my keys in (just like it cleverly does with the boot).

Obviously I can't leave my car parked out on the street with the windows wound down. It also does this with my passenger window if I enter that side.

Any suggestions? Has anyone successfully changed a battery or have experienced something similar?

David.

I don't know about V36. But with my V35 when the window motor was stuffed, the window winds down if I slam the door shut really hard with the key in ignition. I also think the window winding down is nothing to do with low battery (Maybe battery not connected properly?)

My thoughts are:

(1). Check the alarm system in the key if it's working properly.

(2). If you can hear any odd sound when the window winds down, check the window motor.

Let us know how it goes, mate. Good luck.

Further information... this only started occurring when I returned to the car from 3 weeks holidays.

During that time I had disconnected the negative terminal on the car battery (to stop it from draining).

When I first went to close the drivers door, it made a weird clicking/locking noise and the door wouldn't engage. I then reconnected the car battery and then it worked.

I wonder if I've somehow confused the thing?

Note this is an Dec 2007 build V36 SP with 13,000kms.

Edited by Haxorz

SOLUTION!!

Called my compliance workshop who have encountered this a few times.

What has happened is my car lost memory of the position of the windows. Those who have V36's will know how clever this system is (with the way it opens the window just a crack when opening/closing, etc).

To fix;

1. Jump inside the car and start it.

2. Hold the window switch all the way up for 1m30s. The window should go all the way back up.

3. Hold the window switch all the way down. The window should go all the way down.

4. Hold the window switch all the way up again. The window should go all the way up, but it may stop halfway (thinking that it's at the top already). Just release and hold up again so it learns the new 'top'.

5. Stop car and exit vehicle.

6. Test window.

Repeat if necessary, and on other window if required.

SOLUTION!!

What has happened is my car lost memory of the position of the windows. Those who have V36's will know how clever this system is (with the way it opens the window just a crack when opening/closing, etc).

To fix;

2. Hold the window switch all the way up for 1m30s. The window should go all the way back up.

3. Hold the window switch all the way down. The window should go all the way down.

4. Hold the window switch all the way up again. The window should go all the way up, but it may stop halfway (thinking that it's at the top already). Just release and hold up again so it learns the new 'top'.

6. Test window.

Well done. David.

There's not alot of V36 owners on SAU yet as it still a new car. Problems and solutions like this will help in the future. :P

Edited by Victor.T

My pleasure... it's great to share.

I've learned a few little tricks with the V36, will post as much up as possible.

Thanks for sharing David - I am a new V36 (07 'S') owner and I realise that I need to know a lot more about the features of this car than I can easily figure out myself.

For example getting the Bluetooth Phone to Link was a real pain. I needed to call on my teenage son to do it for me. Now he knows more about my new car than I do - always a dangerous situation !!!! :bunny:

Peter Melb.

Thanks for sharing David - I am a new V36 (07 'S') owner and I realise that I need to know a lot more about the features of this car than I can easily figure out myself.

For example getting the Bluetooth Phone to Link was a real pain. I needed to call on my teenage son to do it for me. Now he knows more about my new car than I do - always a dangerous situation !!!! :bunny:

Peter Melb.

I had the same problem too (and I'm usually really good with stuff like that), I actually figured it out from flicking through the manual in Japanese and just copying the symbols from the book (under the Bluetooth section, the only part in English!) and looking for them on the screen to know which menu to go to!

Thanks for the information too, David. It's useful to know these things, my battery on my key is also coming up as low, kind of afraid to touch it to be honest. I've taken the key out before but didn't notice how to take the battery out, is there something else you need to do? Would of thought it'd be easy, noticed nothing is with this car, way too advanced.

Edited by M34N

Changing the battery key is pretty straightforward... instructions in the log books (which I have in Jap and in English) if you have them. I linked to the PDFs in another thread.

I'm no expert though, mine still says empty... either I stuffed it or the watch battery joint sold me a flat battery! Will try again with another.

SOLUTION!!

To fix;

6. Test window.

This happens any time the windows are dissconected from power, you'll find that you don't need to start the car to reset the windows and holding the switch up for 10 seconds after the window reaches the top and down for 10 sec after reaching the bottom is plenty. Have had to reset windows a few times after having door skins off for tinting windows and upgrading speakers etc. :)

• 1 year later...

hehehe I had the same problem and each time I pulled the door lever the window went further down but wouldnt fully retract.

Very clever how it allows you to reset what the closed position is!