SAU Community

R34 Gtt Z-tune Style Bonnet

Charles89

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

Here's a group buy that I set up: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/R3...et-t346009.html

Carmate is offering us ANY style of R34 GTT fibreglass bonnets at a discounted rate of 10 people 10% and 20 people 15% plus postage.

They currently have I think couple of R2 (Z-Tune style and one is mine) and T2 styles on shelf :down:

So whoever gets themselves on the list first will take what they have in stock, instead of waiting 5-8 weeks :ph34r:

Wow, just stumbled on this. If i ever need body parts I should post and turn it into a group buy haha :P

Good luck with the buy guys!

Well yeah lol, if you gather enough people, then you will save some money xD

Just wondering... Is it a REALLY REALLY bad idea to not use bonnet pins with a fibreglass bonnet?....

Because the pins will ruin the clean look of my car lol

I'd consider getting the flat ones, they look pretty good for what they are, and are legal

I'd consider getting the flat ones, they look pretty good for what they are, and are legal

They are the ones that I'd get, Aerocatch, but I still don't want anything on my bonnet lol

They are the ones that I'd get, Aerocatch, but I still don't want anything on my bonnet lol

lol, wrap it in cf and stick the aero catch ones on, less noticeable on the cf vinyl lol

just make the secondary bonnet restraint with a cable with latch if you want. Enough length so that when the bonnet pops open you can undo the factory latch, open it up enough to undo the secondary restraint inside

just make the secondary bonnet restraint with a cable with latch if you want. Enough length so that when the bonnet pops open you can undo the factory latch, open it up enough to undo the secondary restraint inside

That sounds good, but how do I do that? lol

Also, what would cause the bonnet to flip?.... Is it because the latch frame thingy on the fibreglass bonnet just snaps off or what?

i guess it depends on how well the bonnet latch has been integrated into the bonnet? that i think the fg bonnets have more of a tendency to twist/flex

go aerocatch or secondary restraint cable thingy

get pins or do what ss8gohan says.

friends fibreglass bonnet flew open on the freeway and smashed his windscreen and dented his roof

Edited by R34P3R

• 6 months later...

hey mate

i know its an old post..but i am looking for the Ztune bonnet for my R34 GTT .. is jap warehouse your supplier.. can we still get the bonnets for 630$ pick up..?

Yeah no worries at all. The kits are made by Josh from JSAI, but I'm getting it through a distributor in VIC, called Jap Warehouse. Mu Secret is another distributor in another state.

If you go to JapWarehouse, just say Charles from SAU sent you, he will try and look after you.

Here's a pic of the kit:

I've also asked about the bonnet, I got a price for 2 bonnets, $630ea picked up. Which normally are $695ea.

Carmate does it for $650 posted.

But my supplier did say if we get 10, there would be a bigger discount, so I'm just waiting to see how much it will be for each if there's an order of 10.