SAU Community

Awd To Rwd

dannyb

Im after info on how to get my 260rs to drive in rwd.. I know pulling the fuse is bad for the car but i read something about unpluging a wire and pumping the brake pedal or something like that any info on the subject would be great ive tried to use search but im either to drunk or to simple to get the answer im after thanks in advance for any help..

if its s2 stagea, the green plug with 1 wire hanging from it, under the drivest side kick panel, turn your car on and press brake 5 times quickly within 10 secs. then 4wd light should be flashing. all done

if its s2 stagea, the green plug with 1 wire hanging from it, under the drivest side kick panel, turn your car on and press brake 5 times quickly within 10 secs. then 4wd light should be flashing. all done

I wouldnt be doing this.

Do it properly and remove the FOUR bolts to the front shaft and if you dont want a warning light pull the fuse at the same time.

the s2 should be fine with it, i have the r33 user manual and it states in there that that is a "factory diagnostics way" of putting it into RWD, releases clutch pressure to the front drive aswell.

plus i think its also been said here a by a couple of people aswell. i havent had any wear on my front transfer case either, just last weekend i pulled my box out for a leak problem so i took the time to take it alllllll apart to give a thorough check. all seems nice

I wouldnt be doing this.

Do it properly and remove the FOUR bolts to the front shaft and if you dont want a warning light pull the fuse at the same time.

that is the PROPER WAY,& IT`S A WINNER, ON SERIES 2 ,

It may say that by disconnecting the wire it will put it in to two wheel drive mode but i bet it doesn't say you can use it for doing burn outs or driving hard,

there is probably a warning in the manual saying that it is only to be used for diagnostic.

I know I wont be using the wire to make it a 2wd car,

1. in the manual there is no warning, 2. so how can it become full 2wd but not be able to do burnouts?

the wire + brakes releases the pressure on the clutch plates in the transfer case, the fuse does not.

fuse will still have the clutches slip but not engage.

but each to their own, i havent had any trouble while driving and i havent had any wear and tear in the transfer case, but like everyone says, if you dont trust it, disconnect the front just in case.

1. in the manual there is no warning, 2. so how can it become full 2wd but not be able to do burnouts?

the wire + brakes releases the pressure on the clutch plates in the transfer case, the fuse does not.

fuse will still have the clutches slip but not engage.

but each to their own, i havent had any trouble while driving and i havent had any wear and tear in the transfer case, but like everyone says, if you dont trust it, disconnect the front just in case.

What i was trying to say is its one thing to put it in 2wd and drive for short/normal driving its another to put it in 2wd and thrash the shit out of it, didn't some one say it was for diagnostic? doing diagnostic tests is a little different to drifting.

But as you say each to there own.

It's for turning the front wheels off completely in case there is an issue with the 4WD system.

I run mine in RWD pretty much all the time, my 4WD system still works perfectly when I want it to and in RWD it cops a lot of punishment.. plenty of burnouts, several laps of Barbagallos etc.

Believe the hype, or believe the people that have proven it works.

UNPLUG

START THE CAR

PUMP BRAKE PEDAL

You have to pump the brake pedal as the key comes back to the ON position AFTER you have started the car, otherwise it just throws an error (the solid light).