SAU Community

Serious Question About Iphones Lol

MattyFlynn

Sumthing odd has happened, pretty much my mate was saying that I sent him a MSG but I never did.

This is the MSG I was told I sent :s

"Oi man serious question how many times a week do u have sex on average? "

I know I never sent this and my phone was with me when this was sent, I'm wondering if iPhones can be hacked by a random person who has ur number or whatever and can send msgs asif u would on ur phone :s ( if that makes sense )

I dunno if my mate is messing with me but this is doing my head in :P

any info would be great or if this has happened to any of u?

Did your mate get someone else to text him that message, then change the address book entry for that mate to your name to screw with your head?

Is the message on your phone? Is your phone jailbroken?

I had an app ages ago that let you make that stuff up, it looked like a person sent you a text. Was funny to mess with people.

You can also get some that 'call you' - as in you can make it out like someone is calling you when they really aren't. I think it's called exit or escape something.

Arh ok.. I dunno man I thought this was weird .. As I said I don't think he is messing with me. Hopefully this was a one off thing aye. UNLESS a certain sumone took my phone for a minute and msged him and deleted :blink:

There are websites/online services that allow people to send an SMS to a phone from a computer, with the feature of specifying details of both the receiver and sender of the SMS.

For example, a mate of mine would use a website to send me joke messages like "I hate you" and he could edit the sender of the message to show up as "Mum" on my iPhone (or whichever phone he sent it to). Another example would be a message like "Come round to mine for a few beers this arvo" from "Jesus".

In your case, I assume you are listed as "Matt" or "Matty" on your mate's phone. Anyone else who knows this (and knows your mate's number) could send him an SMS containing questionable material and make it appear as though it came from "Matt" or "Matty" - hence he blames you.

This may not necessarily be the cause of your problem, but it is a likely possibility. Far less likely that your phone has been hacked.

Hmm but then they would have to have the contact numbers in my phone aswell so they can send the MSG , it's abit silly ay, msgs like that can get outa hand if it's sent to the wrong person :D

All you need to know is the persons number you want to send it to (Your mate) and your phone number, and it's all done.

• 6 months later...

... talking of tracking iphones check this out it hapened to me last thurday ...

hi :) - how's this - my iPhone 4 was stolen on thurs while shopping at Warringah Mall - i went to a friends workshop nearby & tracked it on Apples "mobile me" "find my phone" using his desk top computer - in 3 hrs we watched live on screen go to the city, Milsons Point & back to Warringah Mall - i had my friend stay beside the computer & went to the mall with another friend - i figured out via my friends phone at the mall & the computer at the workshop using "mobile me" "find my phone" on google earth that my iPhone 4 was at 1 of 4 mobile phone kiosks in a strip outside Dick Smith Powerhouse - i zeroed in on a possible suspect at the counter then had my friend at the mall with me ring my phone - when the suspect lifted it up off the counter to silence the call I reached over his shoulder & snatched it back - saying "thanks that's my phone mate" & walked off ... :) ... Via Malcolm Viles iPhone

theres someone else thats messing with both of you.

a mate of mine was doing this to someone from a website a mate of his set up that spoofs numbers (lots of companies use it now). he'd send bloke1 a message with bloke2's number. just completely confuse the guy by sending something really awkward that he couldnt/wouldnt even reply to. it worked for ages.