SAU Community

It's Official - Canberra Drivers Ranked #1

Yeah I agree with most of that. Just the occasions when I am over taking, and I'm doing the speed limit or just over, and the car am passing is going enough below that I was catching up, then I want to be able to overtake without having to major speed then duck back across. If somebody else wants to speed excessively and my over taking at the limit or just over frustrates them for all of 10-20seconds, well they can just get over it. I'll always move back right after if I can...

II admit there have been the rare occasion that the person has sat on my arse the whole time, rudly, and i got annoyed with them and I did just sit next to the car I was overtaking and blocked them out. I know it was the wrong thing to do, but have prob a couple of times ever done that, cos they were such rude arses that I got pissed off.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had to share this gem with you all.

Me in the little honda 1.6ltr going around a roundabout near Civic, I see an old Falcon sitting at the roundabout. OK he has plenty of time to go, but doen't and as I approach him nearing my exit, he decides to pull into the roundabout just in front of me. Apply brakes and sound the horn, to which I get the finger and vulgar words. This guys probably late 20's average build with probably his GF as passenger, but I don't take this attitude from no one, so using the increadble power of the honda.... I pull along side and show him I'm not impress with his driving or attitude. He follows at a distance then closes to my bumper, then gives plenty of distance until we get to a set of traffic lights, OK I think if this guys wants to make something of it, I'm ready, I've got a good tune playing loud, I'm pumped and awake.

But what does he do.... He sees me at the lights, pulls over to the side of the road far behind everyone until the lights go green and I start to move off. What a little foul mouth chicken.

Power of the Honda... If I was driving the Skyline I'd bet he'd piss himself.

Don't spose ya got plates?

Wasn't looking for plates or a confrontation, but ready if there was one. Probably his GF told him to pull his head in, and rightly so.

For those thinking this was brave. Remember this was during the day, in a car I could see the odds and I have a martial arts background. Please don't try this unless you know you can back yourself.