SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

From memory it will come with the line but not the gasket.

honestly the prices are very close, no big deal. I'm sure anyone would pay the difference for a performance gain.

the real question is which one performs better. I guess we will find out once someone decides to give it a go.

I would have my money on hypergear, i would have thought stao would have done all these combos at the start of his

Rb25 foreray as they are/or where the most common wheels.

I like R33's..i like everything actually..never met a horsepower i didnt like , the only thing i have running atm with a turbo(well till this comin weekend anyway) is a stagea..and thats a ocean liner, so a land yacht would be a big improvement...lol

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

its funny that HG starts to make Greddy copies (already on their site) while Kando wants to sell high flows.

Also want to add:

HG's $1200 high flow is with a proper .82 turbine housing with a hard 18psi actuator, not those god knows what turbine housings. Since they are making some thing with the same housing, will be interesting to compare their results.

Edited by GeorgesR34

if you want a tried and tested unit, the HG is the way to go. cant fail!

if you want to try something different in the hope it may be better (guinea pig) then the kando is there and available to you.

As has been mentioned by Darren, Stao (hypergear) has done trial and error on just about every combo under the sun and his current highflow is a great unit. considering how run of the mill the kando's specs are i doubt Stao would have overlooked them. I personally witnessed a PU highflow (big .82 rear housing) on the road with NO VCT in a land yacht and I can tell you it hauled ass without any hesitation. Spool was great even without the VCT and it was putting out an honest 252kw tuned by JEM.

but like said earlier, it looks interesting. just depends if you want to be the one to test it or not.

if you want a tried and tested unit, the HG is the way to go. cant fail!

if you want to try something different in the hope it may be better (guinea pig) then the kando is there and available to you.

As has been mentioned by Darren, Stao (hypergear) has done trial and error on just about every combo under the sun and his current highflow is a great unit. considering how run of the mill the kando's specs are i doubt Stao would have overlooked them. I personally witnessed a PU highflow (big .82 rear housing) on the road with NO VCT in a land yacht and I can tell you it hauled ass without any hesitation. Spool was great even without the VCT and it was putting out an honest 252kw tuned by JEM.

but like said earlier, it looks interesting. just depends if you want to be the one to test it or not.

stop trying to talk him out of it...be the guinea pig be the guinea pig be the guinea pig :P

ROFL i wasnt trying to talk anyone out of anything! I liked the guinea pig idea so much I had to google if they made good pets!

Is the general consensus on the TD06SL2's to use the water/oil cooled or just oil cooled units ?

There is no general consensus as such. Typically the T67s are sold as oil only and the SL2s are sold as oil and water. Nobody complains, they just fit them up and go about their business. It has been touched on in the past but not much came of it.

My personal opinion as follows:

Low mount stock manifold: use the water cooled core as it would most likely run hotter than a high mount, and you wouldnt want to cook the oil Plus asthetics arent much of an issue when low mounted.

High mount: use the oil only item. Its tried and tested and you wont have 11ty lines running everywhere looking ugly.

I hope that helps.

Am not sure about the difference between FJ and SR but there are plenty of SR SL2 results to boot.

Try find a few FJ and SR setups that are done with the same turbo and compare the differences, that way you can get a reasonable idea of how the SL2 will respond.

For people whom's looking for comparison of our billet SL2 20.5G (using SS2 comp wheel) V Kando's SL2 20G. Result is below:

Blue and Green is standard 20G, yellow and pink is our billet 20.5G. Both on similar setup with E85.

Same response, heaps more mid range and top end as you would normally get from a SS2.

20gvspower.jpg

20gvsboost.jpg

Will post up result from our billet T67.5 later on.

Compare Blue and Pink runs. The STD 20G had more boost but not much more power increase. Its only a small 67mm comp wheel and I say its close to been maxed out.

Compressor wheel wise the SS2 wheel is larger packed with bigger blades, that wheel maxed out on a larger rear housing at 359rwkws, so its sorta expected on a smaller SL2 turbine. Billet T67 result is also posted in my thread. Final run was 390rwkws stock cams, at 7000RPMs on 22psi with minor exhaust restrictions. That also worked out pretty well as I didn't have to rev it passing 8000RPMs to get that power.

I'm confused stao but the pink line looks just like my car :unsure:

Pink is at 331rwkws, yellow was at 346rwkws. We compared it against yours that sitting at 312rwkws on higher boost, also notice the torque difference in mid range. I got few more SS2 wheels, if you keen for a trail I can fit one to your TD06 at cost.