SAU Community

Help Choosing Skyline

Tritty28

Hi all, im new to sau but have heard very good things about it. Im soon to be off my green P's and on to an open license. I have around 20grand to spend on a skyline and i was after some advice on which varient to buy, ive heard GTR's are the best but older examples are expensive to run and to repair, also the newer GTR's are well above my price range lol, I really like the R-34 and R-33's shape but have heard mixed opinions on the RB20 and RB25DET, im looking for a streetable car i can slowly do more mods on, eg fmic, exhaust, larger turbo, ecu, injectors etc... the short term goal is to have around 300kw atw on 98 pump fuel. Later on I'd like to bump that figure up to 500-600kw atw. obviously alot of time money and work will be needed to achieve this, I would really appreciate any advice on what variant to buy and, which engine would be most suited for those power figures. The car must be able to be rego'd and road worthied, it will see the track and drag strip a few times a year, i know im asking alot here and im not sure if this can be done, id love to have a 10-11 second street car that can hold its own on the track and be a daily driver. Thanks heaps in advance

not gonna be legal though. but since you're in queensland, actually 20grand should be able to get you a nice 33R, just shop around slowly, but keep some cash in hand for insurance and emergency repairs, these are old cars now.

Get out of this forum buddy, if you intend on hitting over 200rwkw, you're going to damage the earth with pollution. So piss off. I hope you get EPA'd and defected for what you plan on doing. People like you are pathetic.

• Nope 1

Get out of this forum buddy, if you intend on hitting over 200rwkw, you're going to damage the earth with pollution. So piss off. I hope you get EPA'd and defected for what you plan on doing. People like you are pathetic. Flame on, baby34. I will be taking bets soon as to how quickly you get banned for unsuitable behaviour.

To Tritty28 good luck and for 500-600 atwkw go the RB26TT but stroker kit to 2.8 then all other supporting mods needed + some big a*s turbos. You may need about $70k+ for the engine build alone, at least thats until e85 becomes the norm but even then.....

EDIT: Go the R33 boat, already modded of course.

Edited by Shazza24

As everyone said, get something thats reliable and work done. Save you the time and money that way. 33 GTRs would be the best bang for bucks since 34s are still a lil pricey. For 300kw on a GTR, you can do it without a mod plate and still be "legal" to Queensland cops but anything more serious, you will more than likely need a mod plate.

baby34 is a Victoria Club member...?

• 3 weeks later...

Get out of this forum buddy, if you intend on hitting over 200rwkw, you're going to damage the earth with pollution. So piss off. I hope you get EPA'd and defected for what you plan on doing. People like you are pathetic.

I think you should turn the tyres (185's) on your hectic vn and piss off out of here deadbeat it's idiots like you that punch there cats out and get away with it!