SAU Community

Floor Mat Group Buy

hungryGTR

Latest word via email:

Could you do me a favour a let people know ill have the net back tomorrow. Order will be put through tomorrow and i hopefully will have a pic for the guys of the new design backing. Also if you could mention that their new carpet supplier is dearer and thus its going to be $10 more. Ill add more detail tomorrow evening and explain the price rise and other stuff. Just thought you might be able to get in earlier than me and thus people will know info ASAP.

hungry, its now over a week since your last "update" and still no sign of you.

This is getting beyond a joke, either start frequenting the forum again and take control of you group buy, or cancel the lot and refund everyone.

I was happy to hold on whilst the supplier issues were sorted out, but thats apparently been done, but now your awol and we're getting requests for more money.

Perhaps that request would have gone down better if you had delivered it yourself or come online the day after as promised.

Just sent an Email to [email protected] after finding the Email address on the contact page of matcraft.com.au

Hi,

David Grabowicz was organising a group buy for a number of SkylinesAustralia members.

We have transferred the money to him, but he seems to be having internet troubles lately so we can't get in touch.

Have you received an order for the floor mats or have you been in contact?

http://www.skylinesa...-mat-group-buy/

Thanks,

Isaac

Guess I am just a bit pissed for a few reasons, I mean I understand sometimes we all go through personal matters, but when you look at the history of his group buys there is seems to be something that happens every time. (Bad Luck maybe ?)

I am a fairly new member on SAU but surely there are some kind of rules when it comes to group buys and people changing the prices without letting us know ?

Because what stops people organising group buys and getting members money and then just taking the price up once they have your first "agreed" amount ?

Should we request a copy of the invoice ? or call the company direct ? (In some cases I guess prices can change)

I am a pretty reasonable guy and understand that things can change, but I should be able to choose once its changed weather I want to go ahead with the order or not ?

I do not see how the person doing the group buy can decide for us, then just say its this price now.

If one of the Moderators can please step in and advise with this that will be greatly appreciated.

At the end of the day if he refuses to give me a refund my only option will be to pay $10 extra unless someone happens to want the mats I bought. I have waiting long enough and I don't see myself waiting till someone wants the mats I have ordered.

This has been a very frustrating and un professional group buy and I am glad its coming to a end.

------------------ (This is a email I have received from him this afternoon)

Hey Mate,

Can you please send me a refund, I am not willing to Pay the extra $10.

Regards

Paul. cleardot.gif Replycleardot.gif Forward

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gifcleardot.gif

David Grabowicz

to meshow details 2:54 PM (16 minutes ago)Hey Paul,

I just got back from Melbourne, the order was finished on Tuesday and is in transit to me at present so should be here hopefully tomorrow or Monday. Ill be on SAU later tonight and ill run some calcs about exactly how much extra it has cost as i paid for it with my own cash to not place any further delays. The increase in the price is mainly down to two thing, them having a new carpet supplier that charges more for their carpet and also increase in freight to get it to me. If you still dont want them post on SAU if anyone else wants them and ill also try in the next few days to find someone that will be happy to take them and then ill refund you using that money. Any other problems let me know, ill be on SAU later tonight after uni to straighten things out as its been a bit chaotic with unforeseen stuff happening leaving me struggling to be on the net at all.

Regards

-Dave-

- Show quoted text - cleardot.gif Replycleardot.gif Forwardcleardot.gif Invite David Grabowicz to chat

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gifcleardot.gif

Paul Bahry

to Davidshow details 3:01 PM (9 minutes ago)Hi,

Can I please have a refund though, because you should have talked to us before the price went up, I agreed to pay for goods in a group buy for a certain price. I understand that things may have changed but this information needs to be flowed down to us who are the people that wanted to get the mats. This then gives us the option of wether we want to go ahead or not, but you made the decision for us without talking to anyone in this group buy first. The other guys may be happy to pay the extra amount but I do not agree this is right wether its $1 more or $100 more, thats something that we should have been able to given a chance to decide on.

Let me know when you can give me a refund.

Regards

Paul.

yeah it is a bit mixed, from a business perspective David would have done well to send the money as soon as the order and quote was confirmed. This would have obliged matt craft to honor the original quote.

That said he didnt and instead waited until after the supplier issues were sorted, good in as much as people who didnt want to wait could "technically" cancel, bad in as much as it left the order open to adjustment (price rises included).

Now at the end of the day $10 dollars isnt much to me, and if i know i'm getting what i ordered i guess i can deal with it at the end of the day.

The down side however is that i now have a less than stellar impression of Daves group buys. Once you've accepted people money your obligated to keep them in the loop and work your ass off making sure everyone is across any changes. Take a look at PM-R33's pedal GB, its been through hell and back yet he's made sure he replied to each and every query.

So to Dave, mate if the mats are coming, thanks for organising it all and finishing the deal, but if you lose net for a time, call a friend daily and get them to monitor the thread and relay details, delegate what you can and keep your buyers happy.

It means less anger and bad blood that way.

yeah it is a bit mixed, from a business perspective David would have done well to send the money as soon as the order and quote was confirmed. This would have obliged matt craft to honor the original quote.

That said he didnt and instead waited until after the supplier issues were sorted, good in as much as people who didnt want to wait could "technically" cancel, bad in as much as it left the order open to adjustment (price rises included).

Now at the end of the day $10 dollars isnt much to me, and if i know i'm getting what i ordered i guess i can deal with it at the end of the day.

The down side however is that i now have a less than stellar impression of Daves group buys. Once you've accepted people money your obligated to keep them in the loop and work your ass off making sure everyone is across any changes. Take a look at PM-R33's pedal GB, its been through hell and back yet he's made sure he replied to each and every query.

So to Dave, mate if the mats are coming, thanks for organising it all and finishing the deal, but if you lose net for a time, call a friend daily and get them to monitor the thread and relay details, delegate what you can and keep your buyers happy.

It means less anger and bad blood that way.

Wise words, totally agree with your, I am also waiting on the pedals, but not causing any stress as we have been informed, well I guess $10 is just $10 lol