SAU Community

M35 Offset Question

ironpaw

Lol. How out of control did this get. Haha.

The 225's are purely for fitment, it's a wagon after all not a sports car and i am after a certin look :)

Heaters gonna heat :P

Lol no heat; just differing opinions.thumbsup.gif

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Word. I see the pros/cons of them. If I were to ever track it I 'may' have an issue but that will prob never happen. I have a mate running that set up on his V35 on the front, I'll take a pick and post it up, no where near the kind if BS they run in the US...

Being new to the stagea side of things I'm seeing two different sides

The it's a wagon side

And the it's a sports wagon

Hahahaha

I have a s15 and like wide and poke therefore requiring stretch

But I deff do see a point in not needing stretch on the wagon , the 235 40 18 on the 9" are perfect for us

• 4 weeks later...

As the topic is already here; I'm looking at a set of 19x8.5 rims and wanted to confirm if an offset of +20 would be suitable or would it be better/safer to go +25?

Also, would 235/35/19 tyres suit or will it throw the speedo out or something?

As the topic is already here; I'm looking at a set of 19x8.5 rims and wanted to confirm if an offset of +20 would be suitable or would it be better/safer to go +25?

Also, would 235/35/19 tyres suit or will it throw the speedo out or something?

Offset is fine- it is only 2mm further out than mine. Nil need for camber or rolling of guards on a std lowered car.

What I would suggest is getting at least 40 or 45 profile tyres. Forget 35- will not handle as well, and ruin compliance, and possibly your wheels. Find another size in 40 or 45 to suit the stock rolling diameter. There are plenty of calculators online. thumbsup.gif

This will help Dominic: http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

Stockers are 17x7 +45 IIRC (Alex did post in another thread though).

I think standard/original tyres are 215/55R17? That's whats on mine anyway, going to check that shortly so I can make sure the new tyres fix the speedo.

+20 should be pretty safe. +25 is very safe. Ultimately it all depends on what height you're planning to run and what sort of camber you're comfortable with.

At this stage I'm thinking of leaving the height as is and stock camber too; not looking for stance or to chew through the tyres too rapidly.

Might have to see if there's a/market shocks in there with the springs...

This will help Dominic: http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

Stockers are 17x7 +45 IIRC (Alex did post in another thread though).

I think standard/original tyres are 215/55R17? That's whats on mine anyway, going to check that shortly so I can make sure the new tyres fix the speedo.

Good one Ryan, thanks. If your stock figures are on the money then the rims would be good and tyres would be around 235/40/19 would be as close as you could get to the stock rolling diameter.

Is anyone else running 19x8.5? i'd be interested to hear what tyres (size/spec wise) you're running. biggrin.gif

At this stage I'm thinking of leaving the height as is and stock camber too; not looking for stance or to chew through the tyres too rapidly.

Might have to see if there's a/market shocks in there with the springs...

You may find stock camber chews tyres... That's why a few of us ordered camber bolts.

Did you read my post...?unsure.gif

I run 19x8.5 +22

Tyres are 225/40/19 - I chose this because there is much more range than a 235/40/19. Mine is a E46 BMW M3 optional front size tyre, where I believe that 235/40 is only a Alfa Romeo 159 tyre- much more expensive when I was looking. 245 is an option too, but I don't know how that would go fitting in without rubbing...?

Your car is lowered. You do not have stock springs in it. This will give the car some camber, as it changes geometry. Hopefully it won't be an issue getting complianceglare.gif.

PM me with what wheels you are thinking- I want to make sure you don't go through what I went through.

Did you read my post...?unsure.gif

I run 19x8.5 +22

Tyres are 225/40/19 - I chose this because there is much more range than a 235/40/19. Mine is a E46 BMW M3 optional front size tyre, where I believe that 235/40 is only a Alfa Romeo 159 tyre- much more expensive when I was looking. 245 is an option too, but I don't know how that would go fitting in without rubbing...?

Your car is lowered. You do not have stock springs in it. This will give the car some camber, as it changes geometry. Hopefully it won't be an issue getting complianceglare.gif.

PM me with what wheels you are thinking- I want to make sure you don't go through what I went through.

Sorry Alex, I did read your post but thought you were referring to the offset only and not the rim as well. I'll send you a PM after work to confirm what I'm looking at as my work internets blocks pretty things (unless i can find a back door or something). :ph34r:

The 225 vs 235 is the width of the tyre, right? With a small width is the tyre stretched over the rim or does it appear square? This will be the first occasion where we're going after market so it's all pretty new to me =)

Thanks again!

Sorry Alex, I did read your post but thought you were referring to the offset only and not the rim as well. I'll send you a PM after work to confirm what I'm looking at as my work internets blocks pretty things (unless i can find a back door or something). :ph34r:

The 225 vs 235 is the width of the tyre, right? With a small width is the tyre stretched over the rim or does it appear square? This will be the first occasion where we're going after market so it's all pretty new to me =)

Thanks again!

It really depends on the profile of specific brands but I would say in general that a 225/40 would look pretty damn "square" on a 8.5" rim.

It really depends on the profile of specific brands but I would say in general that a 225/40 would look pretty damn "square" on a 8.5" rim.

Agree, saw bbennys who ran Kuhmos and looks square, my contis actually have a bit of stretch to them- go figure. Same sizes.