SAU Community

Gtr Transport To Philip Island?

Hi Guys,

can anyone recommend reliable car transport for my r35 to get to philip island?

I dont want some incompetent schmuck scratching every panel before it arrives.

If this is for the Nissan Drive days in March I know that the dealers are offering transport to PI so hopefully their regular carriers would know how to take enough care with your car.

If this is for the Nissan Drive days in March I know that the dealers are offering transport to PI so hopefully their regular carriers would know how to take enough care with your car.

Fungoolie, where did you hear that Nissan are offering transport? Not the case in SA.

Slip.

transport not offered in Qld either as Drew has mentioned.

I passed on the offer. Look at the schedule, long way to haul the car form here with very little track time.

If I am going to take the car down, it would be for a couple of weeks and several days at a few different tracks, not a few sessions in an afternoon at one.

Edited by handbrake

thanks for the comments.

yeah CEVA was actually one that I am waiting on a quote for.

However like mark said , it is a fair but of stuffing around for so little track time so i think i will pass on this too.

nissan should handle the transport so we can just relax and actually enjoy ourselves.

Fungoolie, where did you hear that Nissan are offering transport? Not the case in SA.

Slip.

Hi Slip,

Can't remember the guys name but when he came out to tell me if I'd won one of the spots he said that if I needed transport of the car he could arrange it through their own carrier. I was in front of Ziad when he said it. I ended up opting for Program 2 in the end.

Also have a look at the attachment.

Look 5 lines down in the overview. Bit ambiguous I know but implies that they will do it but at your cost. It's almost saying you HAVE to do it through them!

My thoughts went along the same lines as Handbrake in the end. It's not really a 2 day event, just from 4PM to 4PM and track time is minimal..... Plus on top of that you have to go through the whole rigmarole of pre and post track day inspections etc etc. If I'm going to drive PI I'd prefer to do a PIARC 2 day sprint event only costing $340 for the two days with heaps more track time and it's not during the working week.....

post-61477-0-15173300-1296791570_thumb.jpg

Edited by fungoolie
  • Like 1

I know the Nissan boys do read this forum so I will say that I think they have done the right thing by listening to their customers and trying to organise one of these track days at a place like PI but I would need more time on the circuit than the schedule offered to make me consider it worthwhile, especially coming from interstate.

Edited by handbrake

Hi Slip,

Can't remember the guys name but when he came out to tell me if I'd won one of the spots he said that if I needed transport of the car he could arrange it through their own carrier. I was in front of Ziad when he said it. I ended up opting for Program 2 in the end.

Also have a look at the attachment.

Look 5 lines down in the overview. Bit ambiguous I know but implies that they will do it but at your cost. It's almost saying you HAVE to do it through them!

My thoughts went along the same lines as Handbrake in the end. It's not really a 2 day event, just from 4PM to 4PM and track time is minimal..... Plus on top of that you have to go through the whole rigmarole of pre and post track day inspections etc etc. If I'm going to drive PI I'd prefer to do a PIARC 2 day sprint event only costing $340 for the two days with heaps more track time and it's not during the working week.....

Thanks Mate,

Hadn't seen that attachment. If you're around tomorrow come out to Martin's in the arvo to catch up and have a chat.

Cheers

Slip.

Why can't they organise one in Eastern Creek?

I know the Nissan boys do read this forum so I will say that I think they have done the right thing by listening to their customers and trying to organise one of these track days at a place like PI but I would need more time on the circuit than the schedule offered to make me consider it worthwhile, especially coming from interstate.

I would recommend CEVA.

They had a number of new Porsches at their Melbourne depot, they take photos of the car and note all damage in front of you when you drop it off.

yeah, unless you point the damage out to them - don't go CEVA

they don't take photos either

Thanks Mate,

Hadn't seen that attachment. If you're around tomorrow come out to Martin's in the arvo to catch up and have a chat.

Cheers

Slip.

Would've liked to come out to Martin's today but had to load in and set up for our gig at the Highlander tonight. I will make it soon though! I currently have next weekend off.

Cheers

David

Edited by fungoolie

yeah, unless you point the damage out to them - don't go CEVA

they don't take photos either

On the day, I watched them thoroughly look over and record two cars before our they did our car and transported it to Perth.

The car arrived in Perth very quickly and I will happily use CEVA again.

well having personally used ceva I would advise to ummmm look elsewhere. my own personal experience is they DID NOT take pictures of the car (I did though) when it was received at their depot, there were other issues too but suffice to say that I would be seeking an alternate arrangement to transport any car of mine in the future. I had previously had plenty of people recommend them but after what I witnessed and what occurred in my case I will not be going back there. The stories told to me by a staff member at the depot certainly didn't fill me with confidence either.