SAU Community

What does that switch do?

Hi. Can anyone help me with what a particular switch does in my 95 R33.?

It is located next to the Hand brake, and looks like a 'bar' with 'up/down' arrows.

All I know is that it seems to trigger a relay when the car is 'on', (this can be heard, but no apparent effect is realised!!) Thanx in advance! Mark.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have a manual?

it sounds like its the Power switch for the auto skylines.

NO, but, Hey thanx!! Maybe I should explain a little more on wotivegot!! it's 95 R33 5 speed, steel turbo,hks and nismo suspension (that is toooo low, getting raised next week) SRS, 4 inch, absolutely no other mods...including this switch!!

thanks so much anyway!!!

What sort of stero system you got Mark? I had a rocket switch to turn on the GPS system when I got my R33...

whoah!! I don't think this has got da GPS set-up!!(I wish it did though!).

Man, I got the ridgy didge stereo in it. (i only listen to AM radio anyway...I leave the hi-qual stuff for da ranch!!)

It's a one way, spring loaded momentary(?) rocker (unlike the R/L mirrors adjuster)...

and it's definately super stock!! But many thanks to you, and yo GTST25!!

Is a pic of the switch in question, out of the question?

Yes, in question. Took one, just can't see it..at all!! I guess that with all the weird but wonderful responses I've been getting, that'll be the best shot!! By the way...this is 'no bull shit guys....there's da svitch...where's da answer???

Thanks man!.........

i had this weird switch under the dash in my r33, and i wondered for ages what it did. turns out its an aftermarket "dulche" horn. hahahaha. one side it makes a long parrrp noise. the other its just normal. nuts.

Yes, in question. Took one, just can't see it..at all!! I guess that with all the weird but wonderful responses I've been getting, that'll be the best shot!! By the way...this is 'no bull shit guys....there's da svitch...where's da answer???

Thanks man!.........

Wai, wai, wai, wait. Let me get this straight... you TOOK a picture... yet you can't see it. Now, forgive me if I sound a little confused, but are you talking about a blank photo/digital image? Or are you (trying) to say that you can't post up the pic of the switch?

It's not the best way to go about getting legit responses by saying "there's da svitch (you're not German are you?:)) wheres da answer".... when theres no pic!

Lol man, this is a funny thread.

Wai, wai, wai, wait. Let me get this straight... you TOOK a picture... yet you can't see it. Now, forgive me if I sound a little confused, but are you talking about a blank photo/digital image? Or are you (trying) to say that you can't post up the pic of the switch?

It's not the best way to go about getting legit responses by saying "there's da svitch (you're not German are you?:P) wheres da answer".... when theres no pic!

Lol man, this is a funny thread.

Stay tuned, non-believer....i'll have fresh pics 4 u tmrw. The digital pics I took of my interior just didn't come out. (black, and no amount of software could make it intelligable!!) So, if you can hlp me out with what I have already described, then great , thanx man. If not, **** off! and...thankyou!

PS. I'm new, yes. I'm trying not to step on your toes or anything! (lighten-up)

I'm not German..not that should be a problem anyway(?) I'm after some serious help...I understand that my pic not turning out is a massive problem..but I'm also wondering if a pic would actually help those who know lots about these cars already....it's just a switch!!!!