SAU Community

Turning Off Traction Control On R34

Shnid

No, but you do have the same part (dashboard) as cars that do have TC and you have the same globe test wiring as everyone else. The lights all light up, not under the control of their various ECUs, but by a simple circuit that puts power on all of them with the ignition on and nothing else running. It's so you can see if the globe is working or not.

By TC light you mean "slip" light I'm thinking?

GTSBoy is correct, it's there so that Nissan could unify dashboard diagnostic and indication circuitry. It's meaning as an indicator is different depending on model though - on GT-t's it blinks when traction control kicks in, on GT Fours it blinks when TCU detects inequality of wheel speeds and engages ATTESA.

Your cluster was probably replaced with one from a car that had traction control. From factory the bulbs would be removed if the car didn't have TC.

this makes sense but im almost certain it hasn't been changed, previous owner possibly replaced leds in the dash and added that one back in again

and not its not the slip light as i have that also

but yeah i was just curious as to why it would be there still if there is no TC on all N/A models which have a different cluster with out the turbo made up for them anyway youd think they'd take the TC light out too

You can switch it off and unplug it but of you still rip the hand brake hard and flick it right out it will still come. Find the fuse and pull it out but light mite Tay on