SAU Community

Team Lunchdate

Stinky Rooster

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big thanks to everyone that turned up this morning. Was a great turnout for the last feast of the year. We will leave the next one until the first Friday in February 2012, to allow paul to go on holidays.

And for those of you thinking about just turning up - just do it!

Until next year, fellow breakfasters - remember

the arteries are evil and must be punished :P

• 1 month later...

It will def be on, even if its just me eating all the bacon, and pretty much everyone that attends has work on, thats why we have it early.

So now Phil and you have no excuse, other than laziness and apathy!

It will def be on, even if its just me eating all the bacon, and pretty much everyone that attends has work on, thats why we have it early.

touche

Is that this friday? give details.

They sound like pretty good excuses to me!

FYI best place to park nearby for about an hour if I decide to make the holy pligremage?

They sound like pretty good excuses to me!

FYI best place to park nearby for about an hour if I decide to make the holy pligremage?

come down hay st from the east end, and pretty much anywhere along the road side. Meters etc dont cut in untill 8am and we always manage to find a park close by pretty easy

Tab.....

Aaallrighty then bitches, bitchettes and Paul

Its that time of the month. Same bat time, same bat place. Who is gonna come and bask in my radiant glory.

7am

Kings Hotel

Cnr Pier and Hay st Perth

$17.50 for all you can eat - but only if you get to the bacon before El presidente

• Latest Posts

• Slimline sub on the rear parcel shelf is doable. Pioneer TS-WX140DA is only 70mm high.   
    • People like Johnny Dose Bro might be laughing at my post because I accidentally added 100mm to my numbers. 350-355 is indeed the lower limit. 450 is off-road Skyline spec.
    • What is the "compromise" that you think will happen? Are you thinking that something will get damaged? The only things you have to be concerned about with spherical jointed suspension arms are; Arguments with the constabulary wrt their legality (they are likely to be illegal for road use without an engineering certificatation, and that may not be possible to obtain). A lot more NVH transmitted through to the passengers (which is hardly a concern for those with a preference for good handling, anyway). Greatly increased inspection and maintenance requirements (see above points, both).   It is extremely necessary to ask what car you are talking about. Your discussion on strut tops, for example, would be completely wrong for an R chassis, but be correct for an S chassis. R32s have specific problems that R33/4 do not have. Etc. I have hardened rubber bushes on upper rear control arms and traction rods. Adjustable length so as to be able to set both camber and bump steer. You cannot contemplate doing just the control arms and not the traction arms. And whatever bushing you have in one you should have in the other so that they have similar characteristics. Otherwise you can get increased oddness of behaviour as one bushing flexes and the other doesn't, changing the alignment between them. I have stock lower rear arms with urethane bushes. I may make changes here, these are are driven by the R32's geometry problems, so I won't discuss them here unless it proves necessary. I have spherical joints in the front caster rods. I have experienced absolutely no negatives and only positives from doing so. They are massively better than any other option. I have sphericals in the FUCAs, but this is driven largely by the (again) R32 specific problems with the motion of those arms. I just have to deal with the increased maintenance required. Given how much better the front end behaves with the sphericals in there.....I'd probably be tempted to go away from my preference (which is not to have sphericals on a road car, for 2 of the 3 reasons in the bulleted list above), just to gain those improvements. And so my preference for not using sphericals (in general) on a road car should be obvious. I use them judiciously, though, as required to solve particular problems.
    • Easiest way to know is to break out the multimeter and measure it when cold, then measure all the resistances again once it gets hot enough to misfire. Both the original ignitor and the J Replace version. Factory service manual will have the spec for the terminal measurements.
    • Yes that sounds right. Cars currently in the shop for the engine work. Will need to remeasure .. but yes I think I must be targeting 45cm from fender.