SAU Community

Mitsubishi Killing Off The Evo?

• 3 weeks later...

would rather catch the bus than be forced to drive a eco bullshit car

Hmm, taking public transport or driving around in a eco bull shit car? That's like asking would you rather eat the shit you took today or the shit you took yesterday...

Probably more to do with the economic down turn than anything else.

Holden dropped the monaro, Nissan dropped the gtr. Plenty of examples of this kind of thing happenning before.

No doubt it will make a rerun some time in the future with much ado and fan fare.

When did nissan drop the gtr? I read a drive.com article 3 days ago about nissan's new gtr and how they planned to bring out a new one every 12 months.

Hmm, taking public transport or driving around in a eco bull shit car? That's like asking would you rather eat the shit you took today or the shit you took yesterday...

bahahahahahahaha

When did nissan drop the gtr? I read a drive.com article 3 days ago about nissan's new gtr and how they planned to bring out a new one every 12 months.

Right after the 34. there was about a 5 year gap till the 35.

couldn't see many cubic inches fitting into this

you'd have to rip out the backseats & mid engine that sucker

You dont need the space for cubic inches to make something poweful and dirty...we are a skyline forum after all...see attached.

It sucks there thinking of doing this. The maximum bang for your buck perfomance cars are becoming a dying bread.

post-80150-0-35751000-1301961015_thumb.jpg

Edited by wedge_r34gtr

• 2 years later...

Bumping this thread due to a tweet from japanesenostalgiccar.com/

Looks like Mitsubishi have confirmed they are killing of the Evo. Maybe somebody with better translating skills than Google can give some insight on the article.

It's a pity that developing a car these days requires so much investment that it has to be one or the other. Let's hope that other brands still see enough value in "Halo" models to keep producing fun cars.

In that case Ryan my 8MR is up f/s at $10K more than what I paid for it :P

Yes it's a pity they couldn't take the risks that Carlos Ghosn did! Renault is being aggressive atm too.

Now it'll be interesting what Toyota and Subaru will do pursuant to the 86 and BRZ.

Honda IMHO has gone down the safe but wrong track! Currently they're paying for it.

Bumping this thread due to a tweet from japanesenostalgiccar.com/

Looks like Mitsubishi have confirmed they are killing of the Evo. Maybe somebody with better translating skills than Google can give some insight on the article.

It's a pity that developing a car these days requires so much investment that it has to be one or the other. Let's hope that other brands still see enough value in "Halo" models to keep producing fun cars.

Mitsubishi Motors, entered the final adjustment in the direction to produce the end of the year end high-performance sports car "Lancer Evolution". The model launched the first model in 1992, the current type corresponds to the 10th. Domestic cumulative sales up to 2013 about 92 million units. For many years, and has contributed to improving the brand image of the company, etc. to win the championship year in the World Rally Championship (WRC). However, I was judged in the environment-oriented increases worldwide, that it is necessary to focus on eco-car development and management resources. Focus on development of next-generation eco-car with an electric device, and fostering the image leader of a new Mitsubishi car these in the future. ※ You can see in the daily newspaper automobile electronic version for details.Please try not hesitate to試読a week because it is also possible. Application I take from red banner below.

On the contrary, variety is good.

Even competition is good.

If I thought negative, I'd be smarting over why EVO guys get annoyed about the other car I've left at home!

I could go on but...