SAU Community

Eoi For Whiteline Nm35 Sway Bars

Daleo

Ok guys,

*Insert dramatic music here*

You asked for it; I told you it was coming.

You nagged me; I told you to wait.

No more waiting!!!!!! Well a little; but I digress...

Whiteline now have part numbers for these bars so we're going to go ahead with a group buy.

Whitelines official retail price is; $320 front, 32mm Blade Adjustable. $285 rear, 20mm Blade adjustable. The Group Buy Price will DEFINITELY be LESS than this!

So what I'd like now; is for all the people who've been nagging and hopping around on one foot waiting to get on here and express your interest in this group buy.

I've been assuring Wayne that there's MASSIVE interest in these; so don't make a liar out of me.

Whiteline will be looking at this as a barometer for future products for the M35, if these fly off the shelf; other products will surely follow. If there is lukewarm interest well, you know the deal... And don't come crying to me.

I'll be hammering out the full details early next week and I'll have a full price list and a formal Group Buy hopefully Monday or Tuesday. But I'll do my best to answer any questions you might have in the meantime.

So that's it; get off your arses and show me what you're made of; Tell your mum & dad, ring randoms in the white pages, hell; hire a skywriter!

The future of awesome M35 products depends on it!

Cheers, Dale

Edited by Daleo

Hey Dale, you always write a good post.

I'm interested in these. How do they compare with the group buy you ran in December? I notice the last ones were 30mm front (now 32mm) and 24mm rear (now 20mm).

Do you think Whiteline and the previous manufacturer have different views on what size works best? Maybe the design is more critical than the bar diameter? Or maybe it's as simple as "we've got excess stock of this size material so should use it up....."

I'm guessing these would be a great improvement over stock, but curious as to what you've heard.

Two quick questions to finish: If you were to do just one 'end' due to financial restrictions, would it be front or rear (or not recommended)?

And lastly, at what point in the process would pricing be firmed up & will freight costs kill off potential savings?

Thanks, Leon.

Hey Dale, you always write a good post.

I'm interested in these. How do they compare with the group buy you ran in December? I notice the last ones were 30mm front (now 32mm) and 24mm rear (now 20mm).

Do you think Whiteline and the previous manufacturer have different views on what size works best? Maybe the design is more critical than the bar diameter? Or maybe it's as simple as "we've got excess stock of this size material so should use it up....."

I'm guessing these would be a great improvement over stock, but curious as to what you've heard.

Two quick questions to finish: If you were to do just one 'end' due to financial restrictions, would it be front or rear (or not recommended)?

And lastly, at what point in the process would pricing be firmed up & will freight costs kill off potential savings?

Thanks, Leon.

Leon, my group buy was based on the original Selby's upgraded bars Andy65b & others have fitted. I read all the feedback & saw no reason to re-invent the wheel, when Gary (Sydneykid); a suspension guru, had done all the testing & calculations.

Whiteline do have a different take on the bars but they based all sizing on testing they did with a car mounted G meter, and their own years of experience ( Wayne tells me that the employ several key people from the "old" Selbys company). I won't question their expert opinion.:worship:

Julius (Paramour), who has the prototype Whiteline bars on his car; very generously allowed me to drive it recently ( Thanks Jules :wave:) and although we run different suspension setups (Me; BC's, Jules; Nismo) and I wasn't thrashing his car, the end result is very similar. I was expecting a lot of difference, but they're comparable.

As for "we've got excess stock of this size material so should use it up....." ; I can assure you that's not the case.

Regarding financial restrictions; The rear bar will cure a lot of the inherent understeer, but they really work best as a set. The difference is frankly amazing.

Regarding freight; The last lot were $20 delivered to QLD and $40 to WA, so I believe this should be reflective of what you can expect.

In.

My wife's gonna kill me :whistling:

$8k spent on the car in 3 months....:ph34r:

Good stuff mate! I live in a constant state of wondering when my missus will snap, and murder me in my sleep, due to my obsessions. Wouldn't trade it :thumbsup:

Keen! Put me down for a set.

Does this include links/mounts?

Chris, The price will include all necessary bushes. The links and Heavy Duty mounts will be extra.

I will be able to get the links at a discounted price (actual price, yet to be confirmed) but it will be very competitive.

The Heavy Duty Rear upper mounts, will be $60 for the pair, which I think is a VERY fair price, considering what is involved. I'll have some of these at the Sydney Stagea meet for everyone to look at & I'll have photo's up on here soon.

Everything will be available separately for those on a budget; I have a young family and a mortgage; I understand . Link kits & mounts are easy to pop in a satchel and cheap to send.

Obviously; If purchased at the same time, freight will be cheaper than buying separately, as I can bundle it all together.

For the Sydney based guys, like yourself; I'll organise delivery free of charge within a reasonable distance, as before.

Cheers, Dale

Edited by Daleo

Keen! Put me down for a set.

Does this include links/mounts?

Hi There,

These are bars only with our bushes as we went 32mm from the OE bush will not work.

Rear Links are available now and have been the whole time they are KLC141 sold seperate.

Front links you retain and at this stage with the unusual design no one has worked out a new style for them in fath that they will be as strong as factory.If sales of NM35 parts go well I am sure in the future these can be looked at to match the bars we sell if enough do sell

The price will include all necessary bushes. The links and Heavy Duty mounts will be extra.

I will be able to get the links at a discounted price (actual price, yet to be confirmed) but it will be very competitive.

The Heavy Duty Rear upper mounts, will be $60 for the pair..

When you get a chance, can you clarify what I actually need to buy to install the sway bars? Now we're talking links and heavy duty mounts. Anything else (nuts & bolts, rubber do-dads)?

I think I read before that something broke on a car (yours?) and maybe that is why there is now a heavy duty version.

Are these extras neccessary or just desirable for longevity?

PS, my quip before about using up excess stock of bar should have had a smiley :rolleyes: after it. I know Whiteline wouldn't do that..

When you get a chance, can you clarify what I actually need to buy to install the sway bars? Now we're talking links and heavy duty mounts. Anything else (nuts & bolts, rubber do-dads)?

I think I read before that something broke on a car (yours?) and maybe that is why there is now a heavy duty version.

Are these extras neccessary or just desirable for longevity?

PS, my quip before about using up excess stock of bar should have had a smiley :rolleyes: after it. I know Whiteline wouldn't do that..

The bars will come with everything you need. :thumbsup:

2 "D" bushes per bar, which replace the rubber originals; and all of your original mounts & links will fit straight on.

Several people have cracked the factory rear upper mounts and the links on mine were as worn as you'd expect for a car of it's age.

The Whiteline Heavy Duty Ball links have ball joints more than twice the size of the originals, with an anodised billet adjuster and will probably outlast the car :thumbsup: .

My Heavy Duty mounts are twice the thickness of the originals and are an extruded 316 grade Stainless piece that WILL NOT flex or crack like the originals.

I'm not for a minute implying that you'll instantly break any of the factory pieces once you upgrade the bars, but it's certainly a little extra insurance against a known issue with the factory parts.

Cheers, Dale.

Edited by Daleo

Cool, thanks Dale. That was as succinct an answer as I could have asked for. Much clearer now.

I'll wait to hear more about the prices of all the goodies before deciding which way I will go.

Cool, thanks Dale. That was as succinct an answer as I could have asked for. Much clearer now.

I'll wait to hear more about the prices of all the goodies before deciding which way I will go.

Hi Leon,

I will put in context. In the 2 years I have had my sway bars on I have snapped 1 link and cracked 3 mounts.

It always seems to happen when I do a road trip when I am fully loaded with people and luggage.

Cheers

Andy

PS, Tuner arrive. thank you.

Julius was at Northshore today and loved his Whiteline sway bars so much he took me for a ride.

Huge improvement! Love it!

Put me down for a full set.

There was some brass linkages though? Do you know anything about them?

Great work on the group buy! Thanks!

Julius was at Northshore today and loved his Whiteline sway bars so much he took me for a ride.

Huge improvement! Love it!

Put me down for a full set.

There was some brass linkages though? Do you know anything about them?

Great work on the group buy! Thanks!

That would be these.:thumbsup: Whiteline Heavy Duty Ball Links. The "Brass" is anodised aluminium.

post-61153-0-13221500-1299842694_thumb.jpgpost-61153-0-76535000-1299842729_thumb.jpgpost-61153-0-62358100-1299842763_thumb.jpg

These will be available with the group buy, I'll have firm prices early next week.

Thanks for the support guys, I'll keep you posted.

Cheers, Dale.

Edited by Daleo

That would be these.:thumbsup: Whiteline Heavy Duty Ball Links. The "Brass" is anodised aluminium.

post-61153-0-13221500-1299842694_thumb.jpgpost-61153-0-76535000-1299842729_thumb.jpgpost-61153-0-62358100-1299842763_thumb.jpg

These will be available with the group buy, I'll have firm prices early next week.

Thanks for the support guys, I'll keep you posted.

Cheers, Dale.

Ok because that was the bit i didnt want :P

In Julius's car they make a weird clunking noise... Not sold on that, sounds like somethings wrong!