SAU Community

Any Car Faster Than Gtr Good For Airport Run?

R35III

I had a 2009 series I and just traded it in for a series III, coming on the 25th. My friends are really putting the hate on, saying everything from "It's still a Nissan" to why would you get the same car twice. But I managed to shut them up with one thing. There's no car in the world that's faster than the GTR, straight line or track, that can be driven to the airport and pick up someone with 2 pieces of luggage (one large one small).

That stopped them dead. And it made me think to. Is that actually true? I just came out with it without really thinking. I know for sure Ferrari, Lambo, McLaren and Porsche don't have a chance.

Can anyone name a single car that's faster than the GTR that can swallow two pieces of luggage and 2 adult humans?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id pitch it even harder. I say 2dr skylines are good for 4 adults- i do it all the time (R33 GTST). Just as long as the people in the rear seats arent bigger than 6ft (a pretty decent allowance).

so ticking all those poxes is going to be hard. Im not sure how quick a new 4dr porsche or aston martin is but im guessing they still wouldnt beat a GTR straight or curvy... (let alone the money debate)

you have this debate won. roll with it.

The Porsche and Aston 4 doors don't have a chance. My friend's got the Rapide, it's 5.3s to 100km, the Porsche is not much faster. The series III is 3s flat.

I was thinking whether there's a Bentley Continental that develops crazy power, if a Zonda or Koenigsegg or Veyron has some decent luggage space, or perhaps some american car which I know nothing about like a Corvette or something.

But I couldn't care less what people said. In the end, I have a sub-$200k supercar that's comfortable and practical. Anyone wants to say anything about it better beat me in a race first. It's just interesting that no matter how much money you are willing to pay, there's no car that rolls out of any factory that can beat a GTR and hold a decent load.

Don't try and justify your purchase to the eurosnob wankers.

If they persist you could point out to them that whilst you have been speaking with them that their car just depreciated by the whole purchase price of your car

The Porsche and Aston 4 doors don't have a chance. My friend's got the Rapide, it's 5.3s to 100km, the Porsche is not much faster. The series III is 3s flat.

I was thinking whether there's a Bentley Continental that develops crazy power, if a Zonda or Koenigsegg or Veyron has some decent luggage space, or perhaps some american car which I know nothing about like a Corvette or something.

But I couldn't care less what people said. In the end, I have a sub-$200k supercar that's comfortable and practical. Anyone wants to say anything about it better beat me in a race first. It's just interesting that no matter how much money you are willing to pay, there's no car that rolls out of any factory that can beat a GTR and hold a decent load.

Nissan GTR boot space 315 litres, 0-100 3.3secs, 311kmh top speed. Info from here and here.

Ferrari 599 Fiorano GTB boot space 320 litres, 0-100 3.7secs, 330kmh top speed. Info from here.

Corvette ZR1 boot space 634 litres, 0-100 3.4secs, 330kmh top speed. Info from here and here.

EXACLTY! who cares about the wank that comes out of the nissan haters mouths, they're more then likely to wanna buy one after goin for a drive in one!

I cop it all the time at my workshop, NICE DATSUN OR NICE SILVIA haha, lucky i got a mate whos got a white GTR and we can give it back

i'd rather cop the hate and criticism then to be a tool. enough said.

Huh?

Nissan GTR boot space 315 litres, 0-100 3.3secs, 311kmh top speed. Info from here and here.

Ferrari 599 Fiorano GTB boot space 320 litres, 0-100 3.7secs, 330kmh top speed. Info from here.

Corvette ZR1 boot space 634 litres, 0-100 3.4secs, 330kmh top speed. Info from here and here.

Hah! Great post. :thumbsup:

Great! You can pick up their luggage but have to leave your friends at the airport!

Edited by fungoolie

Actually you guys are right. I didn't think about that. Technically, I could pick up 2 friends with 2 large and 2 small bags in my GTR. Be a squeeze, they'd both have to sit in the back and the second large bag would be on the co-driver seat, but possible. I'm 6 foot so I never think about the rear seats. But for most of my friends it's not that bad.

BTW, all the examples people brought up, none of them are FASTER. Series III R35 0-100 in 3.046s on a cold track. Nurburgring 7:24 in the wet (unofficial). The criteria was FASTER and can make an airport run, but regarless of the price, as long as it's factory tuned, it can cost $3,000,000, doesn't matter. But must be faster and capable of carrying one passenger, one large suitcase and one small carry-on case.

And talking about top speed in Australia is a bit pointless. Be nice if we had unrestricted autobahns like Germany. But we don't, so the fact that a car's top speed is faster than the GTR will mean absolutely squat down under.

Edited by R35III

"It's still a Nissan"

Implying Nissans are anything like Lexus.

Edit: Top speed? Do a link on the freeways, see how fast you can get.

Cops won't even bother trying to catch you if you have no number plates.

Edited by SKITTLES

I've got nothing but praise for a Nissan GTR.

1. Best value for money super car.

2. More practical than other super cars. If Nissan wanted, they could've put smaller back seats, have useless boot space to save weight and made it go faster. I like the fact that they didn't. :thumbsup:

BTW, all the examples people brought up, none of them are FASTER. Series III R35 0-100 in 3.046s on a cold track. Nurburgring 7:24 in the wet (unofficial). The criteria was FASTER and can make an airport run, but regarless of the price, as long as it's factory tuned, it can cost $3,000,000, doesn't matter. But must be faster and capable of carrying one passenger, one large suitcase and one small carry-on case.

And talking about top speed in Australia is a bit pointless. Be nice if we had unrestricted autobahns like Germany. But we don't, so the fact that a car's top speed is faster than the GTR will mean absolutely squat down under.

I'd like to see consistent reproductions of the 3 second 0-100 because that sounds very friggen fast! Problem with saying faster, is how you would like to define the variable. I feel that "faster" is usually a reference to top speed, whilst "quicker" is more useful when describing acceleration. I would say though, that on an airport runway, 0-100 time is going to be as irrelevant as the top speed. Better off looking at quarter mile or 1000m sprint. And if that's the case, I'd like to suggest the latest incarnation of ACR Viper will give an S3 GTR a run for it's money (should beat it, driven properly) whilst providing adequate bootspace. Won't hold 4 people though lol. Give it a year or two and a car magazine in the states will do another straight line race between the R35 and its rivals :cool:

Problem with the 4 seats thing, is that being a Japanese default for sports cars...and tradition for the GTR. Even RX7s have four seats and there aren't many Japcars I can think of (NSX, MR2, 300ZX come to mind) that only have 2 seats. In contrast, American flagship sports cars (not muscle cars) traditionally only have 2 seats. I daresay that if they tried, they could stretch the wheelbase and put an extra couple of seats in the back of a Corvette or Viper...but it's not traditional...and no American would fit :laugh:

Nissan's official test. I doubt they're trying to pull something with that one. My girlfriend is 168cm. She fits in the back just fine. I'll let her know gnomes are as tall as she is.