SAU Community

Hks F-Con V Pro

185746_10150104001239081_688359080_6335067_3998868_n.jpg

Wondering if anyone here is running this?

I have one and because WA is ghey, only one place can tune it and I'm quoted $1500 - 8-9hrs dyno time =/

I'm in a pickle really, its booked in still to go ahead, but considering my options atm...

New Jetro is $2k + tune 500? + install ??

2nd hand non jetro = 1k? + 2 AFMs $500?? + tune 500? + install ??

Are the HKS F-CONs worth it? Just can't believe the cost to tune... There goes my next month and a halfs pay...

Edited by Ten Four

What do you think a good tune costs?

A good tune on a PFC isn't going to be $500.

Seems to be the going rate here. A few of my mates have PFC, they pay ~$500 for a tune at places like All Star Garage and Hyperdrive and they all come out very good?

James my opinion remains the same... Swap back to PFC. You know and trust Andrew, he's tuned your cars before. I'd try to stay with him as a tuner. Phone him up and ask him how much it would cost to swap to a PFC and get it tuned?

While you're at it, ask him if he has HIS dyno fully operational yet :P :P

What do you think a good tune costs?

A good tune on a PFC isn't going to be $500.

I've been charged between 350-500 for a tune on a PFC in my old GTR by Andrew @ Hyperdrive and been happy with the results.

Seems to be the going rate here. A few of my mates have PFC, they pay ~$500 for a tune at places like All Star Garage and Hyperdrive and they all come out very good?

James my opinion remains the same... Swap back to PFC. You know and trust Andrew, he's tuned your cars before. I'd try to stay with him as a tuner. Phone him up and ask him how much it would cost to swap to a PFC and get it tuned?

While you're at it, ask him if he has HIS dyno fully operational yet :P :P

Yes I know Martin, but that means 2.5k over 1.5k... I did call him and he said to just tune it at Xspeed.. Less stuffing around, epecially when he doesn't have his dyno up and running yet.

Ant at Xspeed has a decent rep, but obviously I much prefer Andrew....

Looks like I'm going to cop it big.... No one else running one?

Edited by Ten Four

Yes I know Martin, but that means 2.5k over 1.5k... I did call him and he said to just tune it at Xspeed.. Less stuffing around, epecially when he doesn't have his dyno up and running yet.

Ant at Xspeed has a decent rep, but obviously I much prefer Andrew....

Looks like I'm going to cop it big.... No one else running one?

Lol I suppose I'm thinking from the view of someone who keeps their cars for more than one tune :P If it is going to cost 1.5k and you only get it tuned once in the time you own it then obviously that is the best option. But if you keep it and do more modifications to it and it is going to cost 1.5k every single time... Better to pay 2.5k now and only $500 later.

Assuming that the 1.5k is X-Speeds going rate for a retune.

Lol I suppose I'm thinking from the view of someone who keeps their cars for more than one tune :P If it is going to cost 1.5k and you only get it tuned once in the time you own it then obviously that is the best option. But if you keep it and do more modifications to it and it is going to cost 1.5k every single time... Better to pay 2.5k now and only $500 later.

Assuming that the 1.5k is X-Speeds going rate for a retune.

Ha. Well its getting no more modifications. (I HOPE) Apparently its going to be so costly cause they have to retune from scratch, rather than modify existing tune...

Yeh I would just go with X-Speed then man. Not much point messing around with swapping ECU's and all that. Ideally I would wanna stay with Andy but if you are only getting the one tune and you are comfortable with them, X-Speed are the more logical choice.

Also depending on if anyone here has anything to say about the F-Con... They could be complete rubbish :P

*EDIT* I thought you had already booked in for a tune with X-Speed? Didn't you already get the injectors and everything installed?

Edited by Hanaldo

f-cons are a great ecu but tuners for them (especially those that know what they're doing) are extremely rare here, hence why not many people use them and no one reccomends them.

xspeed and particularly scali are very busy atm, could be part of the reason for the price.

assuming you can sell the f-con you could take whatever they're worth off the price of converting to a pfc to make it more viable

Yeh I would just go with X-Speed then man. Not much point messing around with swapping ECU's and all that. Ideally I would wanna stay with Andy but if you are only getting the one tune and you are comfortable with them, X-Speed are the more logical choice.

Also depending on if anyone here has anything to say about the F-Con... They could be complete rubbish :P

*EDIT* I thought you had already booked in for a tune with X-Speed? Didn't you already get the injectors and everything installed?

Yeah, XSpeed are def not my favourite.. But if it comes out good, thats all that matters... (Aside from the price, obviously.)

Its booked in and left there, but I accidentally went in a week early. Luckily they had a space in the workshop to store it for a week (cbf'd driving it back and there again next week, espesh when it used a quarter tank getting there due to richness atm lol.)

Everything is installed, just waiting on tune. Hanson said he wanted to take stuff off and check what turbos they are but I was like don't, just run 20psi. Whether he checks or not, we'll see....

But yeah, DEAD KEEN to know from people with experience with these ECUs as its not too late to get car back.

f-cons are a great ecu but tuners for them (especially those that know what they're doing) are extremely rare here, hence why not many people use them and no one reccomends them.

xspeed and particularly scali are very busy atm, could be part of the reason for the price.

assuming you can sell the f-con you could take whatever they're worth off the price of converting to a pfc to make it more viable

I don't know anyone who would buy it, nor what it would be worth... I've got previous experience with XSpeed so Hanson does know me.

Edited by Ten Four

I can tell you they are a great Ecu.. i had mine running for over 2 years in the gtr, did you ask why they needed to tune from scratch? were they updating the firmware??

from what i know you cant tune older models on the newer software.. happen to know what colour dot (version) was under that front black face plate??

have a search around the forum you may find a few interesting things bout them..

you'd get at most 500 for the ecu if you pulled it out and sold it.. and it might take a month or so to move..

Everything is installed, just waiting on tune. Hanson said he wanted to take stuff off and check what turbos they are but I was like don't, just run 20psi. Whether he checks or not, we'll see....

Should just get him to check man. Better to know what you are running, will get a more efficient tune and will help when you inevitably sell this one :P

Wondering if anyone here is running this?

I have one and because WA is ghey, only one place can tune it and I'm quoted $1500 - 8-9hrs dyno time =/

I'm in a pickle really, its booked in still to go ahead, but considering my options atm...

New Jetro is $2k + tune 500? + install ??

2nd hand non jetro = 1k? + 2 AFMs $500?? + tune 500? + install ??

Are the HKS F-CONs worth it? Just can't believe the cost to tune... There goes my next month and a halfs pay...

What model is your F-con Pro v3?

They are a better unit when compare to a PFC.

However the question you should ask yourself is do you really need it? When a PFC will do the job.

Also no one else in perth has the english software to tune it (i can get you the Japanese one no problem but then good luck trying to tune it), so you will only be able to use Xspeed

R31Nismoid the going rate in perth for a PFC tune is anywhere from $500 to $1500 depending where you go, also the higher price does not mean a better tune :)

Edited by Kaido_RR

Tune from scratch cause mods on car have changed to and fro. Its a 6++year old tune from Japland, also said something about needing a password?? Don't know what version...

Martin yeah... But after Renae's horror stories with them swapping turbos....

Kaido, I like PFCs but the cost of switching them around looks to be not worth it. This ecu came with the car.. =/

the fcon pro is a great piece of hardware but you are locked into tuners who have the HKS cable

so you cant really shop around and name your price

if you are ok with the pricing and lack of tuners, go for it, good ECU

its a shame there arent lots of tuners with the cable

re cable and password check out these guys

http://fc-hako.com/pfc/hks/

There are plenty of big hp GTRs running F Con in Japan and quite a few here in NZ but there are good tuners in Auckland and Wellington at least that I know of. Nothing wrong with the unit but perhaps market forces are working against you in your town with no choice of tuner! How modified is your car and do you race it? Are you worried about resale value? You could always get a stock ecu and nistune it.

Cheers guys.

I'll just stick with it and cop the cost =/

You say town lol, whole of WA :P

Will be attending some track days. And always concerned with resale :P

Will update with results.

Edited by Ten Four

You can get around the password problems easily.. there was an app put up here a while back that does it for you. it can halp you out alot in regards to price..

fc hako charge 50 or so to do it also.. could be worth a shot if you cant find the other one from here..

nothing wrong with the FvonVpro. they are a good ecu. as you've found the real problem is lack of support here in aus. I don't think $1500 is unreasonable for a full tune and I'm sure if in future you needed some changes it won't be $1500 again.

sadly due to the lack of support here they are not worth much second hand. you'd do well to even get $500 for it, most i've seen go around the $300 mark as people just don't like buying an unknown quantity. in your case since it's in the car, wired up, and running and you have 1 tuner you can use I would stick with it, get it tuned and enjoy. :)

Also no one else in perth has the english software to tune it

(i can get you the Japanese one no problem but then good luck trying to tune it),

so you will only be able to use Xspeed

Can you get english version of 3.1 PW?

You must be joking. On the CD's in Japan Yahoo auction you can get only 3.23en and 3.241en.

To have 3.1 in english you have to do it yourself and I know that some one has done it.

So your claim that no one oi perth has got it is false.

Edited by jan25