SAU Community

Hel Thermostatic Oil Cooler Kit Group Buy!

PM-R33

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like I will be fitting the coloured ones for now!!!

I got my kit yesterday. The oil cooler is a very high quality unit, so much better that the cheap Chinese ones :)

Who knows...

I think they will try and send them out as soon as they can though. Might mean two people a month or more....or just one lol.

UPDATE

The rest of the kits have been sent so I will PM every one their tracking numbers now :)

Also regarding the black fittings, they are is such short supply that Hel have an allowance of 5 of each black fitting a month! So they will just have to send them out as they come in one person at a time. I will go last so every one else can get theirs first. Unfortunately that's the best they can do :(

hey phil, i am happy to get the fittings last. i'can't fit my kit for a long time anyways.:(

What size oil filters will fit? Just bought a Z145 and realised that the thread on the sandwhich plate is prob different :yucky:

Mine is apparently in Syd, cant wait to get it, hopefully be fitting it friday night :banana:

Z145 (or at least the K&N equivalent) first perfectly :thumbsup:

hey phil, i am happy to get the fittings last. i'can't fit my kit for a long time anyways.:(

Haha ok. Me and you will be the last two.

woohoo fedex just delivered it :thumbsup:

So how do we fit this beast of a thing? Actually my car is going in for some work this weekend what would be a resonable price to get this fitted?

Hmmm not sure. Depends on how tricky it is to mount the core where you want it. I will be putting a day aside for it. A professional that has done one may take a few hours maybe? Plus the cost of some new oil.

Mine arrived today. Unfortunately it has sustained damage in the shipping, which shows the quality of the powder coating may not be as good as it could be.

What is the best approach to getting this resolved?

Full kit

post-33414-0-53667400-1313583076_thumb.jpg

Damage

post-33414-0-20109900-1313583100_thumb.jpgpost-33414-0-73500200-1313583090_thumb.jpg

Small scratches appear when touching the mounting bracket

post-33414-0-88593800-1313583110_thumb.jpg

Looking forward to seeing how this is to be mounted, it's not instantly obvious to me. The instructions say 4 brackets should be used (I have the 25 row), but we only received one bracket.

God f**king damnit this just keeps getting better and better.

I would just hit it with some touch up paint, but that's me. Only thing we can do is send the photos to the supplier and ask for it to be returned and a new one shipped. I mean that's really the only way I can think of it getting fixed.

With the brackets two are not required, one is fine. I don't even understand how you could use two of those brackets given that the fittings on the top mean you can only use the supplied bracket on the bottom of it.

Personally I will be mounting mine in the drivers side gaurd and therefore will most likely have to make custom small brackets regardless since it will be sitting in a position where the given bracket will probably be no use.

Mine arrived today. Unfortunately it has sustained damage in the shipping, which shows the quality of the powder coating may not be as good as it could be.

What is the best approach to getting this resolved?

Full kit

post-33414-0-53667400-1313583076_thumb.jpg

Damage

post-33414-0-20109900-1313583100_thumb.jpgpost-33414-0-73500200-1313583090_thumb.jpg

Small scratches appear when touching the mounting bracket

post-33414-0-88593800-1313583110_thumb.jpg

Looking forward to seeing how this is to be mounted, it's not instantly obvious to me. The instructions say 4 brackets should be used (I have the 25 row), but we only received one bracket.

Core isnt damaged so it should be fine, a lick of paint and you'll never know.

Mine arrived yesterday :thanks:

Very happy with the quality of the kit, looks a million times better then the cheapo ones.

A Z145 fits, checked it last night. As for mounting, on a 32 it looks pretty straight forward, head down to bunnings and make some brackets and mount it in the drivers guard, the bracket they supply is actually really good.

Edited by eightsixboy

Once you bolt it up the powder coating will most likely come away around the mounting holes anyway.

Abit of touch up paint would do the trick but it sucks to wait this long and get a product that doesn't look brand new.

Anyone know if we should use some sort of thread tape on the fittings so there's no leaks?

Received mine yesterday. Mint!

Thanks heaps for organising this group-buy Phil. You're a champ...

& try not to let slight hiccups stop you in the future. It happens...

Hell it can happen without group-buys. Took 6 months for UAS to make & deliver my camber arms & that was personally, not through group-buy!

As for mounting, on a 32 it looks pretty straight forward, head down to bunnings and make some brackets and mount it in the drivers guard, the bracket they supply is actually really good.

Looking forward to some pics. Got quoted at least 3 hours to install mine.

Knocked mine back into shape, hope it fits well. sux not to have it looking new but after the delays in getting it, I'd rather get it installed.