SAU Community

Hel Thermostatic Oil Cooler Kit Group Buy!

PM-R33

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah. See what HEL say about the relocator, keen to hear.

Ok regarding the relocater. They have looked into getting a Mocal relocater as part of the kit a little while ago and never heard back from Mocal. So they will suss it out again and get back to me. Might be an option for a seperate group buy later if it will be a while off. Anyway i'll update on this as I find out more.

i'll grab a 19row kit phil.

doing the rb20/30 oil block is the way to go. for extra sensors just use a brass adaptor where the factory sensor is.

Ah yeah didn't really think about using an adaptor of some sorts. Good idea. (Not that I currently need the extra sensors, but others do). Added to the list man.

Thanks, missed the 80degrees comment watching Erics wakefield vids :) A good temp, those at 60 are just too low.

Looing forward to the DIY, and will hopefully fit the larger one as well.

Yeah I was quite happy at the 80 degrees. Exactly like you said, the ones around that 60 degre mark aren't really best suited for a street car. Also added to the list.

Can you please try them for just a 19 row core posted to NZ (should be much the same price as Australia) ? I can pay you or them direct whatever suits.

I'll see what I can do. Perhaps if the relocater kits get done seperately, we can do like a mix and match parts list aswell or something. I'll update on this aswell.

Bah! Put me down for one, I'll find the money somehow :P

19 row or a 25 row? :)

Very interested in an oil filter relocator aswell. :yes:

Yeah I think I might go one aswell. The stock position really is a pain in the ass, especially with a big Plazmaman plenum in the way.

Called into the local stockist (Alert Engineering) to price the 19 row Seatrab - around NZ$500 incl tax!!! They used to stock Mocal as well but he claims that they are now Chinese manufactured and not up to scratch!? BTW he also recommends 25row for 300kw up.

WhiteR33GTS-T said on the first page that he wanted everything but the core. Perhaps chat with him and organise something with you two getting one kit and splitting it between you two.

No idea about some Mocal parts being Chinese manufactured. Wouldn't suprise me though, what isn't made in China? There is a difference with a company getting something manufactured in China (like 99% of companies) and a Chinese company manufacturing parts.

EDIT: Just did a quick Google search and found that in house engineering, design and manufacturing gets done at Mocal's premises at Isleworth UK. So no idea about the China reference. Perhaps only some parts are made there.

So is the relocator just for convenience only? Also were you able to confirm how long the lines will be? I'm planning on mounting it on the passenger side at the front.

Also with the stock cooler plate that the water coolant runs through, i thought i read somewhere it was to also help bring the oil up to temperature when cold, or is this incorrect?

Yep relocater is just for convenience only.

Lines will be 2m. Passenger side duct is probably the only place that 2m might not be enough so if you want more lines let me know and I can see if your kit can get a bit more (possibly at a small cost, maybe $10-$20).

Yeah stock cooler plate also warms the oil up a bit when completely cold by using coolant. This is because coolant warms up at a quicker rate than the oil. I suppose this is one of those things every one can personally decide on if they want to get rid of it. Since I live in a hot climate for me it isn't a concern and hence I will be removing the whole thing.

Yeah 19 row will be fine.

Most Japanese oil cooler cores are a lot smaller than these things and a lot of cars run them.

Addded to the list.

There really is no maximum numbers for the group buy since they are all getting sent out individually, but I think I might cap it at 15 at this stage so we can get the ball rolling.

Yep relocater is just for convenience only.

Lines will be 2m. Passenger side duct is probably the only place that 2m might not be enough so if you want more lines let me know and I can see if your kit can get a bit more (possibly at a small cost, maybe $10-$20).

Yeah stock cooler plate also warms the oil up a bit when completely cold by using coolant. This is because coolant warms up at a quicker rate than the oil. I suppose this is one of those things every one can personally decide on if they want to get rid of it. Since I live in a hot climate for me it isn't a concern and hence I will be removing the whole thing.

If the total length is 2m i'll measure up over the weekend and get back to you. Do you think there would be a downside to running longer lines? Just wondering if there is a reason they only supply 2m.