SAU Community

My Gtr Stolen

scotty014

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scotty i really hope its found and all is well :(

this might seem drastic but chain the wheels to something like a pylon. like, big f**k off big chains

sounds silly but someone trying to cut through those would definitely look sus and attract attention from people

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHA oh man you just made my morning.

yeah and attaching YOUR CAR to a BIG FK OFF PYLON with BIG FK OFF chains wont raise suspiscion either its not a freakin mongoose man

^^^ I'll say it again .... for under US$20 you can get a lead-lined car blanket that will knock out any SMS/Satellite service ....

this is true but they dont have the time to throw it on straight away so at least you will see where they are heading.

feel for you bro. hope the following days turn out better for you.

this (theft) sort of thing really really annoys/frustrates me!!!

while we're at it and speaking of brazen.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/breaking-news/thieves-steal-giant-boom-spray-tractor-from-farm-in-south-australia/story-e6freonf-1226029850554

It might be enough to deter them in the first place though. I mean pulling a nice, clean car up with that doing damage to it would certainly attract attention. Mind you, its completely impractical for daily use.

I still reckon a cheap Nokia with a good battery would do the trick. Leave it on silent, not to vibrate and set it to auto answer. Record that M tracking number and wire a car charger up to the battery somewhere very difficult to find and obscure within the car.

As soon as it goes missing give the police the details, let them call the phone and track it. If its under lead sheet, just wait and keep calling. Even with the car battery disconnected a new strong battery that's been permanently on charge the power should last a long time, especially if its just sitting there doing nothing.

Then install a generic alarm system that will mislead the thieves into thinking they've got the only alarm system in the car disabled.

CCTV timelapse stored incar. If car moves by GPS, vibrates, is tilted or power supply voltage fluctuates, it sends last 20-30 mins of limelapse over 3G then continues reporting CCTV and GPS location in realtime over 3G. You'll have the vehicles direction, cctv footage of people possibly scoping earlier, gps location, last location, everything. Battery backup, stickers, obvious mounted cameras.

The little flashing red light doesn't mean shit anymore. You can't trust the public, the towy will just say "Yeah the owner told me the alarm would go off, idiot lost his keys" or whatever excuse works at the time to keep public at bay. Honestly, when's the last time you EVER saw a towy taking a car and thought 'WTF! GET HIS DETAILS!' Never.

Or as Mohsen said, massive chain onto a massive pylon. Sure it's crude, but it's the next best thing.

Longterm solution - Bash any towy ever caught trying to steal a car. And bash him to the point where the papers and other towy thieves hear about it. Then bash alr33x for his (as always) positive role in discussions.

Edited by GTRPowa

CCTV timelapse stored incar. If car moves by GPS, vibrates, is tilted or power supply voltage fluctuates, it sends last 20-30 mins of limelapse over 3G then continues reporting CCTV and GPS location in realtime over 3G. You'll have the vehicles direction, cctv footage of people possibly scoping earlier, gps location, last location, everything. Battery backup, stickers, obvious mounted cameras.

The little flashing red light doesn't mean shit anymore. You can't trust the public, the towy will just say "Yeah the owner told me the alarm would go off, idiot lost his keys" or whatever excuse works at the time to keep public at bay. Honestly, when's the last time you EVER saw a towy taking a car and thought 'WTF! GET HIS DETAILS!' Never.

Or as Mohsen said, massive chain onto a massive pylon. Sure it's crude, but it's the next best thing.

Longterm solution - Bash any towy ever caught trying to steal a car. And bash him to the point where the papers and other towy thieves hear about it. Then bash alr33x for his (as always) positive role in discussions.

reported simply cos your a pole smoker.

:laugh:

draw your attention to the first point.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

have a good holiday.

LOL

yeh cool man. glad to see that its moderated sensibly. :thumbsup: if you were to be 'fair' (unlikely) and warn everyone who makes a comment like that you wouldnt have anyone left on here bahaha.