SAU Community

Tomei Arms Turbos

I've actually found them to be pretty good. the GTR upgrade ones can be a bit mild but they are a good turbo. I would be happy to use some if they were the right price. not much evidence around though so people generally go the more proven options.

tomei b7660 turbo kit - Rb26dett, $4k delivered

tomei m8260 or m7665 turbo kit - RB26dett, $3k delivered

HKS gt-ss turbo kit - RB26dett, $3300 delivered

garrett 2860 -7's or -9's - RB26dett, $2200 delivered.

value for money and proven performance Id simply purchase the garrett's

(almost did a fortnight ago, but decided to stick with my highflows at this stage)

tomei Neo kit - $10k delivered http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Tomei-NEO-KIT-Nissan-RB26DETT-BNR34-Full-Turbo-Kit-/330540455193?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cf5bf1519

NEO-KIT Kit Contents:

ARMS B7660 Turbo Charger

EXPREME Exhaust Manifold

Turbine Outlet Pipe

Head Gasket φ87-1.5mm

Poncam TYPE-B (260-9.15)

Fuel Pressure Regulator

Fuel Rail

Fuel Pump

Nismo Oversized Airflow Meter

Denso 700cc Injectors

tomei b7660 turbo kit - Rb26dett, $4k delivered

tomei m8260 or m7665 turbo kit - RB26dett, $3k delivered

HKS gt-ss turbo kit - RB26dett, $3300 delivered

garrett 2860 -7's or -9's - RB26dett, $2200 delivered.

value for money and proven performance Id simply purchase the garrett's

(almost did a fortnight ago, but decided to stick with my highflows at this stage)

Hey all I got a 32 gtr wAt turbos would get around 485hp at all 4s ?? Power outputs ect please help me out cheers

Probably Garrett -5's: enough power with room to move.

Check out the RB26 dyno results thread, hundreds of results to sift through.

• 9 months later...

Looking for some up to date info and impressions of these kits, especially the 8260 twin kit. Anybody installed and used these kits yet? A friend has just ordered a set for his mostly stock GTR and i'm a bit worried how they are going to go with lag etc.

tomei Neo kit - $10k delivered http://cgi.ebay.com....=item4cf5bf1519

NEO-KIT Kit Contents:

ARMS B7660 Turbo Charger

EXPREME Exhaust Manifold

Turbine Outlet Pipe

Head Gasket φ87-1.5mm

Poncam TYPE-B (260-9.15)

Fuel Pressure Regulator

Fuel Rail

Fuel Pump

Denso 700cc Injectors

Waste of money.

manifolds you dont need for starters and from the results of the ARMS's kits you wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole.

• 5 months later...

any updates on these tomei turbos,anyone else having good or bad results

tomei vs garrett

ive had gt2860-5 found them to be real good,went to gt2860-10 thinking making more power found them to be very bad,in compressor surge and lag

now im interested in finding out what these tomei m7655 and m8260,what size are these compared to garretts,response,power etc

thanks

any updates on these tomei turbos,anyone else having good or bad results

tomei vs garrett

ive had gt2860-5 found them to be real good,went to gt2860-10 thinking making more power found them to be very bad,in compressor surge and lag

now im interested in finding out what these tomei m7655 and m8260,what size are these compared to garretts,response,power etc

thanks

Ye people have that issue with -10s...

The ARMS are rubbish as well (as we kinda suspected).

Full thread on them is here:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/368988-tomei-arms-m7655-on-rb26/

tomei Neo kit - $10k delivered http://cgi.ebay.com....=item4cf5bf1519

NEO-KIT Kit Contents:

ARMS B7660 Turbo Charger

EXPREME Exhaust Manifold

Turbine Outlet Pipe

Head Gasket φ87-1.5mm

Poncam TYPE-B (260-9.15)

Fuel Pressure Regulator

Fuel Rail

Fuel Pump

Denso 700cc Injectors

That seems hella expensive. Could you not put that together with Garrett stuff for about $8k? Possibly less?

Turbo $3k

Injectors $1k

AFM/Dump/FPR/Pump/Rail $1.5k

Manifold/Head gasket $1.5k

Cams $1k

I had the m7655 on my stock 260rs, the were on there a week! Absoloute rubbish, tell ur mate to not waste his money! They didn't make boost until 5000rpm and were very linear in the way they made power! They do look good though! Getsomd garretts, they will cost less and perform way better!