M35 Spare Key

jidge

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm seems like my car is ghey and has no immobiliser. I was able to start the car with the regular key (the one without the remote on it)

I thought all M35's had an immobiliser?

One should've been added during compliance

Im taking mine out today, a compliance fitted immobiliser/alarm and fitting a nice Viper.

I noticed there are blank keys on ebay, and I don't need my board if anyone wants another oem key.

Im taking mine out today, a compliance fitted immobiliser/alarm and fitting a nice Viper.

I noticed there are blank keys on ebay, and I don't need my board if anyone wants another oem key.

shot gun.

yeah just spoke with the importer. They reckon that not all M35's needed one during compliance...

He's also saying that they're wrecking a NM35 and they are looking at twin scrolling the 2.5 and fitting it to an Elgrand for some fun :unsure:

But yeah, not sure who's right or not...looks like I better get one fitted ASAP...can anyone recommend a model/brand/place?

yeah just spoke with the importer. They reckon that not all M35's needed one during compliance...

He's also saying that they're wrecking a NM35 and they are looking at twin scrolling the 2.5 and fitting it to an Elgrand for some fun :unsure:

But yeah, not sure who's right or not...looks like I better get one fitted ASAP...can anyone recommend a model/brand/place?

freeway audio dandenong.

expensive(not that you care) but good.

Viper alarm with black wires.. makes it insurance happy aswell.

LOL hey I resent that!

Got the owners of Tower Audio to hook me up...we'll see what happens

So Viper = good?

how much installed?

yeh Viper is one of the top names in Car Alarms.

Mine has an alarm but the key turns it off. i.e. If I open the car doors with the key only, the alarm goes off.

Then if I put the key in the ignition the alarm turns off.

i used a random key i got from my importer looked same as M35 one.. ridges on the key were higher then my original so i had it cut down.. then coded it to the car through the. ignition on/off door unlock/lock procedure. Works fine looks original cost me nothing (mates a locksmith)

guess its different with alarms and so on. but since the stagea doesnt have transponder system standard it works..

matt

• 1 year later...

any news on this guys? my missus lost our spare along with some others :(

so back to only having one.. makes me nervous..

Did anyone confirm if we could use the X-Trial? Micra etc? They sure look the same..

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/sis.html?_nkw=NISSAN+MICRA+ALMERA+NAVARA+PRIMERA+ETC+REMOTE+KEY+FOB+&_itemId=220761055946

Or has anyone still got blanks kicking around? My importer told me mine had an immobiliser (though not so sure).. so i want the remote unlock version to be sure..

Cheers.