SAU Community

R34 Aussie Or Import

yh because ive seen some dodgy r32s around im wondering if they're legal. i know there are some non import r32s but this one my nephew was looking at doesnt have an import sticker.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=10187990&__Qpb=true&keywords=&Cr=2&__Ns=pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|1||pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&SearchAction=N&__N=1216%201246%201247%201252%201282%204294963846%204294963593&silo=1011&seot=1&__Nne=15&__No=15&trecs=1409&__sid=12E3BFC662BC

i know hes probably sprayed the chassis but there's no excuse not to have one. shame really he was considering it and its got some nice parts.

yh because ive seen some dodgy r32s around im wondering if they're legal. i know there are some non import r32s but this one my nephew was looking at doesnt have an import sticker.

http://www.carsales....id=12E3BFC662BC

i know hes probably sprayed the chassis but there's no excuse not to have one. shame really he was considering it and its got some nice parts.

All Skylines 32-34 are imports, with the exception of the 100 (now substantially less) R32 GTRs that were Australian delivered. End of story.

http://www.carsales....id=12E3BFC662BC

i assume you mean the compliance plate, could be on the door sill, thats where mine is

ummmmm... hate to come off as "rude" or anything and trust me im not inteding to sound rude..

but like... at 60 grand worth of GTR and this much work on it... do you really think that it would be an un-complied car?

i mean, skylinesaustralia IS above all a community.. i would say there's a good chance the owner of that car is on here... and there's a good chance he may read this thread..

do you think he'd appreciate that someone is saying his car is "dodgy and questioning the legality of it?

loose lips sink ships.. and, being that it's not you buying nor selling the car.. i don't really think that it's .. (trying not to sound rude) but i don't see how it's any of your business...

furthermore - what is an "import sticker" - do you mean compliance plate? how do you know it doesn't have one? do you even know where to look? perhaps you should maybe ask questions before "assuming" it's a dodgy import..

oh and one more thing... these "dodgy R32's around" that you wonder if they're legal... care to elaborate on what you mean by that?

not at all mate though you cant take chances these days, if its been stolen from someone here that person would want to know about it right? this happened to a friend of ours once in that they bought the car and it had full rta papers, only thing is it wasnt the car on the papers and the car ended up getting confiscated and the person fled. no car and no money. i have advised my nephew to call the seller and get it worked out

in THAT case i understand :)

but the compliance plate (if that's what you're referring to) SHOULD be on eiter the firewall or the Bpillar passenger side door..

should most likely be a pink plate - but that all depends on when it was complied and by who etc...

all of these questions are REALLY best asked to the seller... he should be happy to help you out!!!

and for what it's worth... i (personally) doubt someone would be asking 60 grand for a stolen GTR that's hot... if it's stolen they probably want to get rid of it as quietly as possible :P

at least thats the way i do it when i steal and rebirth cars..

All Skylines 32-34 are imports, with the exception of the 100 (now substantially less) R32 GTRs that were Australian delivered. End of story.

why is it that there would be substantially less ADM R32 GTR's....wouldnt they be rare and carefully looked after by owners??????

and how can you say something like that???? have you seen proof of written off, wrecked ADM 32GTR's

just wondering

why is it that there would be substantially less ADM R32 GTR's....wouldnt they be rare and carefully looked after by owners??????

and how can you say something like that???? have you seen proof of written off, wrecked ADM 32GTR's

just wondering

Oh i'm sure there's been a substantial amount written off, i seem to recall hearing about at least one or two. Dig around on the forums and you'll probably find threads about even more.

They're not a young car and I have a family friend whom is high up in a prominent Nissan dealer who has lead me to believe this. However, it is heresay and conjecture.

Who is to say they were all carefully looked after? You see Bugatti Veyrons written off from time to time, shit happens.

Edit: when I say substantial, it can't be taken out of proportion. I believe there would be 75 or more still on the roads. Which is plausable. It might only be a small amount of cars, but when you only start off with 100, substantial can be only a handfull.

Edited by Truffles

dead right mate. yer there was 100 au delivered 32 gtr's. my mate currently has one locked away in his shed. id be suprised if there was 50 left though and the remaining ones probably wont come up for sale too often