SAU Community

Modern Skyline Gear Knobs?

PM-R33

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, yeah confirmed, it's separate, you can change the knob out without needing to mess with the lifter

Thanks for answering my Q. Now for the next Q...

The collar slides up and down the gear stick - patently obvious > up to the base of the knob (to engage "R") and down the stick again - nah I'm not stupid.

Now, the wires that run up to the knob (for illumination) will be exposed above the collar will they not? I mean, the wires would be a bit of a pain?

Hmm not 100% sure on that one. I'll email the guys one more time just in case the last email didn't go through properly.

If not perhaps I will just buy a M12 one and try and make it fit some how, if not I can just fit it to the Mazda 3 since that runs a M12.

the skyline shifter looks like it comes up a lot higher than these ones.

are you looking to fit this same type? with the raised outer eadge on the boot. coz i think that's what makes it look so good. but can it work?

596_0.jpg

THEY CAN DO THEM IN 10MM!!!

Just got an email from them last night!

So looks like this will go ahead. Will post up more details as soon as I get them.

:cheers:

the skyline shifter looks like it comes up a lot higher than these ones.

are you looking to fit this same type? with the raised outer eadge on the boot. coz i think that's what makes it look so good. but can it work?

596_0.jpg

I get what you mean. Will have to sort something out with the boot. I like that sunken look aswell.

Righteo so I got word back regarding pricing.

For 5 of them custom made in 10mm delivered to every one would be $110 delivered each.

What you think? Is there a few people keen for that price? If so I will chuck up the group buy.

Oh it sits in the sun alright lol. I've got a black Nismo aluminium gear knob.

Yes it gets hot in the summer, but my hand is used to it, it doesn't affect me anymore lol.

I mean... It's only really hot for less than 1 minute, once you start driving, it cools down a lot really quickly.

But then again, your in QLD, not sure how hot your knob gets up there :P